mtbr member

Marwi Nightpro Elite questions

Hi, I've got a few questions about this light. First up, what kind of bulb does it use? Just wondering if I'd have to buy replacements from Marwi or if the local lighting/electronics store will have them.

My second question relates to lithium batteries. Has anyone tried running the light from a 7.2v lithium battery? Logic tells me it would either run brighter than stock but with reduced life (good) or just blow up (bad). If anyone has experiance to share I would much appreciate it.

Ta.

mtbr member
    Anyone?

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy
    Anyone?
    Marwi bulbs are among the cheapest from the commercial systems. But they aren't as good as the ones from Jet, NR or Planet Bike. I would try to replace with something better.

If you're going to try the 7.2V Li-Ion (probably closer to 8.4 initially fully charged), you may want to use cheaper bulbs. The more expensive bulbs are optimized to run at specific voltages where the cheaper ones tend to be geared toward long lasting at the rated voltage so you have more oportunity to improve the efficiency. And definitely go with a backup just in case. The other way to go is with a voltage regulation circuit.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    I opened it up and it appears to be just a standard MR11 bulb. Which makes it very tempting to get a 12v 20W bulb and a 14.8v Li-ion battery pack. The 12v 20Ws are cheap as chips, and so long as I don't get any problems with overheating I'll have a much brighter light. Pity the li-ion battery alone costs more than two thirds what I paid for the light :P.

Crooooow!

No good Marwi Bulbs are Crap,....1 ride and blown bulbs!

My Brand new marwi elite pro and the fog bulb frosted over(only used for about 40 mins) and the marwi elite for my helmet worked for about 40 mins and the bulb blew out......NOT A happy camper