Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado

Man I miss the old M.T.B.R

What is this a bad joke? This thread was sent to the recycle bin.http://forums.mtbr.com/recycle-bin/i...es-765212.html

I miss the old M.T.B.R. where it took a hell of a lot more to get sent there. These days if you so much as talk about anything unrelated to mtbing. It gets **** canned. For those new to this site if you think it's fun now you should have been here before all the politics. I have been a member since 2002' and it was a whole different animal back then. It has just gotten more and more strict as the years go by. It really changed several months back for some reason. Anybody else notice and think we are being monitored a little too harshly these days? It feels like elementary school all over again.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

FKA Malibu412
    IBTB (in before the bin)
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

ouch....
    It's a free public site, what do you expect? You could always go over to the f88 forum where out is mandatory to be mean and rude lol.
    Riding.....

Titanium junkie
    Just got home from work, what happened to the thread?
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Because Surfacecreations posted 3 pages of "jokes" in a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    yeah, I bet the mods don't appreciate someone doing so much copy/paste as to flood the boards.

I personally don't find myself longing for the early 2000's on this board. I've been around since 2000-ish (don't remember the exact year, i know I lurked for quite awhile. I don't even remember my old login name from the last board software change).

the flame wars were epic and worth some laughs, but it was hard for a n00b like me to get with the "in" crowd. the board is big enough that you can carve out a niche for yourself in a regional board, a tech board, a manufacturer board, or in Passion or something else.

overall I think the mods let folks goof around for awhile until it becomes obvious that a goof-off thread has run its course. some things get political or start to flirt with the lines of what the mods agree is appropriate. sometimes stuff has just run its course and some hanger-on starts abusing things, like I figure happened in this case with the dude posting 3 pages worth of posts.

Titanium junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    yeah, I bet the mods don't appreciate someone doing so much copy/paste as to flood the boards.

I personally don't find myself longing for the early 2000's on this board. I've been around since 2000-ish (don't remember the exact year, i know I lurked for quite awhile. I don't even remember my old login name from the last board software change).

the flame wars were epic and worth some laughs, but it was hard for a n00b like me to get with the "in" crowd. the board is big enough that you can carve out a niche for yourself in a regional board, a tech board, a manufacturer board, or in Passion or something else.

overall I think the mods let folks goof around for awhile until it becomes obvious that a goof-off thread has run its course. some things get political or start to flirt with the lines of what the mods agree is appropriate. sometimes stuff has just run its course and some hanger-on starts abusing things, like I figure happened in this case with the dude posting 3 pages worth of posts.
    Well hell, I'm worthless except for my good looks and wonderful sense of humor.
    What am I going to do now?
    You're a Tailgunner

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    Well hell, I'm worthless except for my good looks and wonderful sense of humor.
    What am I going to do now?

Well for starters you could quit beating yourself up and get some help for your low self esteem.

Titanium junkie
    I have tried, but looking in the mirror and repeating, I'm good enough, and smart enough, and
    darn it, people like me, just isn't doing it anymore. Oh well, guess it's back to paying
    prostitutes to just sit and hold me.
    You're a Tailgunner

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    i miss the good old days of two months ago when a page would load properly.

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    I have tried, but looking in the mirror and repeating, I'm good enough, and smart enough, and
    darn it, people like me, just isn't doing it anymore. Oh well, guess it's back to paying
    prostitutes to just sit and hold me.
    Lol awesome
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    I miss the days when a thread could have more than a couple replies and it did not require two pages.

I miss JC

Bin-ing the joke thread was poor. The title made it clear, it was just jokes
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post

They should make you a mod

Ride More, Whine Less
    You can't talk about rep. You can't tell jokes. You can't venture into popular world topics. What are we supposed to talk about? Bikes? Where's the fun in that.

mtbr dismember

Still too much crap

Still too much crap as far as I'm concerned. That non-biking related crap crowds out the stuff I come here to see. I occasionally point it out in posts and I get lots of negative reps. As if I care about reps, which are just more crap.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I ruined the thread with three pages of new jokes. What was I thinking? How about it was a certain person who reported me for "spamming" that triggered it to be canned.
    How exactly does posting jokes in a jokes thread count as Spamming? Like I told him, was I supposed to post a couple and wait for the ink to dry? I wasn't aware we had a
    waiting period for the jokes to be told. I was just having fun in the bike unrelated thread and somebody got cranky because nobody replied with "who's there" for a knock knock joke.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    if the goal is page views, then wouldn't a jokes thread suit the mods' goals? some place for people to view and post and to see ads even if they don't like any of the other topics going on at the time.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    Still too much crap as far as I'm concerned. That non-biking related crap crowds out the stuff I come here to see. I occasionally point it out in posts and I get lots of negative reps. As if I care about reps, which are just more crap.

This /\ I get tired of the grade school bs. Please ban the next person that posts that stupid freakin narwhal video again. And I don't give two shits about rep so save your energy.

Workin for the weekend!
    Al Bundy in the house... Lemme tell you how good I used to be...

mtbr member
    But the NASCAR thread stays? Um, okay...

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
    But the NASCAR thread stays? Um, okay...

The NASCAR thread has not regressed to shaved apes flinging poo like most of the other off topic threads.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    The NASCAR thread has not regressed to shaved apes flinging poo like most of the other off topic threads.
    LOL I missed that one off to the recycle bin I go.

Actually I started this thread not even having read further than the first page of the jokes thread.

If it turned to crap and was destined for the recycle bin so be it. I shouldn't have used that thread as my example. My point was for this thread was we are monitored way more closely than before. I agree the mods need to be here and case a thread if it gets offensive to others. But I just think that the lines are drawn just a little too tight. IMO "General Discussion" means just that. Talk anything and everything as long as it is clean and you're not hurting anyone what's the big deal. I know this is a mountain bike site so lets talk bikes. Great talk bikes here in General Discussion or on the numerous other boards, but this forum should also allow "General Discussion" which has no category.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Shaved.... no, no shaved. I look like I'm smuggling two squirrels in my green g-string. I can PM you pictures if you like.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    Shaved.... no, no shaved. I look like I'm smuggling two squirrels in my green g-string. I can PM you pictures if you like.

Send to highdelll please.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Send to highdelll please.
    please don't - I am already grumpy about the rain
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast