No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005

Looks like I took a cheese grater to my legs...

Help! Over the past 6 months of hitting the trails hard, I've accumulated the occasional nick and bump. Everything from passing branches to a tap from clipping in or out, etc have built up to where my legs look like they're all chewed up. Even the most minor wound takes forever to dissapear.

Is there any oitment, etc that can be applied to the red marks (particularly wounds that have healed but still just "look bad") that will help them fade? I seem to remember some vitamin was good applied directly. I tried a search, but no luck. Any BTDT's sure are welcome.

R

Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!
    Some over-the-counter bacitracin (or triple antibiotic) ointment should help the fresh wounds. Applying some vitamin E may help the older ones that aren't healing properly.
    I see you're drinking one percent. Is that because you think you're fat?

MTB B'dos
    Vitamin E is what you're thinking of, yes it will help. But Vitamin E enriched Cocoa Butter will work even better - my mum used to use this on us as kids and my scars are very limited considering how many nicks, cuts scratches/falls I had. My bro's face looks normal because of it, was racing my back pedal bike inside an incomplete chicken pen and couldn't stop before he hit the wall - stomped on the cranks to stop and it kick him OTB.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Meh
    You might also want to try some Aloe Vera. I keep a few plants around & chop off a piece to put the juice on tops of wounds. Scarring has been minimal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I find Race Face Rally knee/shin pads work best