mtbr member

Looking for OURY like grips

So I ride rigid singlespped. I have always used long, high flanged BMX grips but they offer little cushion. So I just got a set of OURY grips. I love them- they help so much with cushion. But here is the downside-they are short. I really like length especially b/c I use really wide bars and don't always want my hands all the way out except for climbing or balance. And I have abnormally fat palms.

So to stop blabbing-are there grips out there that are as cush as OURYs but long? Otherwise I'll probably buy another set and cut them up. I don't want to do foam or handlebar tape.
    Thanks in advance.

Truly Doneski
    Sep 2009
    I'd like to know this too, the Oury grips are a bit short.
    Originally Posted by Bmateo1:
    Joyous Day in Woods
    Thoughtless Jackwagon, piss near
    Chudzpah, Passion Lost

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    WTB makes a long set of wing style grips, I have them on my bike . They are called WTB comfort zone clamp-on grips. They were around an inch longer than the Oureys

mtbr member
    if you get grip-shifts then you can extend the grip a lot, but that is a big change in shifting style from lever shifting.

DynoDon
    I extended my Oury grips, I cut one two pair and made one pair with an extra square to they work great now.. check 'em out below

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    I extended my Oury grips, I cut one two pair and made one pair with an extra square to they work great now.. check 'em out below
    Yeah I think this is what I'll probably do-it's good to see it working fine also. It would be cheaper than most new grips anyway