mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Looking for Battery for Blackburn X6 System

Hope I'm posting this in the right place...if anyone has or knows where I can pick up a new or used battery for Blackburn System X6/3 lighting system please let me know. Worked great last season and I tried to charge it the other night and the battery is completely gone. No charge light comes on or anything.
    Contacted Blackburn but they were useless...said it was out of warranty and they didn't make that system anymore so no luck on a replacement there. Spent a couple of Benjamins on the system and would like to get some more use out of it.
    If anyone has any info just email me.
    Thanks in advance for any help!!

sewanee06@comcast.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I actually had the same problem with 4 of these. I would get no indicator light on the side.
    A quick fix is to split the case and replace the CR2032 battery that is on the computer chip. Once the battery has been replaced the main battery will charge again.
    Split the case by pulling out the 4 little plugs on the side of the battery that has the status light. There are Torx screws that will need to be removed and then the battery can be split.

This has worked on all 4 of my batteries.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by gpatters72 View Post
    I actually had the same problem with 4 of these. I would get no indicator light on the side.
    A quick fix is to split the case and replace the CR2032 battery that is on the computer chip. Once the battery has been replaced the main battery will charge again.
    Split the case by pulling out the 4 little plugs on the side of the battery that has the status light. There are Torx screws that will need to be removed and then the battery can be split.

This has worked on all 4 of my batteries.
    This is an awesome tip (seriously). Too bad it does not work for system x4 battery packs. There is no coin battery to replace on the circuit board.

Anyone know how to get the x4 to charge?

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Lol, over 1,800 views, and 2 first time posters.

Bubbye.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)