mtbr member

Lookimg for a decent and inexpensive wind/thermal vest.

I am in the market for either a wind vest or possibly a thermal vest for winter riding.
    I have all the layers I need and a thicker vest I have been using. What I want now is a vest I can use on the cold, but not freezing days where a lighter weight but windproof vest is best.
    Are there any deals going on out there now (not EBay, already keeping my eye in there)

Thanks for your support!
    KMan

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This one looks interesting. I have tried other clothing under the Price Point brand and it has been Ok- especially considering the price.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/122...Sport-Vest.htm
    I bike; therefore, I work

Hoopy Frood

What's your definition of inexpensive?

I have one of these and like it a lot.

Pearl Izumi Barrier Vest

Very useful for lots of conditions with different layers underneath.

If that's not what you're looking for, just keep an eye on the usual places: rei-outlet.com, sierratradingpost.com, outdooroutlet.com, campmor.com

HTH.

- khill
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Trekker
    Mar 2004

Wink

I found one on clearance at "The Gap". It's orange in color, made from polyester, very light, and has a drawstring waist. It's not a cycling vest, but you can't tell the difference in functionality. Happy Trails!!!!!!

mtbr member

I just bought one

Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I am in the market for either a wind vest or possibly a thermal vest for winter riding.
    I have all the layers I need and a thicker vest I have been using. What I want now is a vest I can use on the cold, but not freezing days where a lighter weight but windproof vest is best.
    Are there any deals going on out there now (not EBay, already keeping my eye in there)

Thanks for your support!
    KMan
    I got an Early Winters wind vest off of ebay. Full front zip, front, but no rear pockets, mesh back. It's a great vest that I got for $11. You might want to check the Early Winters website and see what they go for.

Cute as a Button
    Feb 2004

Cheapo polar fleece sweater is the best!

These things get exponentially more expensive the less material they include.

I know, I have just about every kind of cycling clothing item know to man.

But the best thing I ever bought for cold weather cycling--which goes under my cycling jacket when it get's really cold--is a cheap, polar fleece sweater I bought for less than $10. I recommend it to every freezing cyclist I meet.