inner peace to make peace

longer saddle then my current Selle Ti. Gel Flite

on my smallish top-tube length (22.7" ?) of my smallish 18" Kona xc mountain bike hardtail i have installed a 30mm setback ti. seatpost (from Bold Precision), along with 100mm inverted stem with mid-rail mounting of saddle...seems like climbing's a wee bit more difficult, but such perceived trade-off's more than makes up for in sprinting and in descending performance...where MTBing gets really fun, even at xc races....

I'm now looking for a longer saddle then my current Selle Ti. Gel Flite, but that also has good nose padding for when i'm scooted up on the flatbar, climbing. I'd like the rail to be made of ti.
    Last edited by TrailNut; 01-24-2005 at 01:51 PM.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

i dunno

that tt length sounds pretty middle of the road for an 18" frame. they're mostly 22..5 to 23" in that size.

I climb seated always, so I put my saddles pretty far forward. my alltime favorites are a bunch of cheap bontragers I got for $9 a piece from I think it was jensen a few years back. the nose is oh so comfy.
    San Marco makes a triathlete saddle with a freakishly long, padded nose, as trigeeks tend to sit far forward when in the prayer position. I see it in the Co Cyclist catalog, Aspide Triathlon Gel, 195 gr., hollow ti rails, $129.99. You'd have to want it pretty bad to pay that much for something to sit on, but there ya go, longest one of which I know.
    Then there's the Power Post of olde that let you adjust the thing forward for climbing, back for normal riding, even further back for descents, and then totally folded down against the frame for, well I dunno, loading your bike into VW beetles maybe. No longer made, probably still some around.
    I'd just switch to a nonsetback seat post, put the saddle where it's perfect for climbing, and get used to it being there the rest of the time. Works fine for me
    Don't pay the $85 fee to ride land you own! Resist!

inner peace to make peace

Aspide Triathlon Gel, 195 gr., hollow ti rails, $130 ?

Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    ... in the Co Cyclist catalog, Aspide Triathlon Gel, 195 gr., hollow ti rails, $129.99. ...e
    $130..np, will look into it: Aspide Triathlon Gel, 195 gr., hollow ti rails, $130. Thanks.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

LA CHÈVRE
    Isn't the Fizik Gobi longer than most?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :