I don't huck.
    Jun 2005

Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV pump

Just in case someone was looking for a new mini pump that had a bit more to offer in the way of volume or features, I have been playing with one for awhile now that is pretty nifty if you can live with the size of it.

The Micro Floor Drive HV eliminates the part I most hated about the pumps I had before...having the pump head clamp directly onto the valve stem. The attachment hose and the little foot peg are pretty slick and the volume is puts out is respectable. I also like the way it looks...very anti-plastic. It looks like something that would come in a tool kit of a Rolls Royce or an airplane or something, not a molded bit by Mattel.

What is not to like? Well, it IS 12" long and that may not even be a mini pump anymore. And I find that re-attaching the hose to the base can take three hands sometimes. Other than that, it is pretty cool.

EDIT: I was missing a trick with the hose attachment...see video from Lezyne.

More pics and thoughts here and a You Tube video linked in the article.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV pump-p4300273.jpg  

Last edited by mtroy; 05-25-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Its got what plants crave
    Looks pimp but how much was it?
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Around $40.00 IIRC. Oh, and I learned there is a trick to attaching the hose...duuuhhh...never occurred to me.

http://vimeo.com/12024765
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com