Hell Track

Le Tour de France

Any part-time roadies into the tour? I see after stage 1 we have an american in 4th

mtbr member
    I'm watching it. Keep an eye on Peter Sagan. He's motivated.

Ride More, Whine Less
    Fabian is the man. I hope he keeps yellow for many days.

Sagan looks like he has great potential.

I wish Andy were riding this year.

I think it is too early for a prediction, but I do not think Cadel will repeat as winner.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Watching it as well. My productivity will suffer greatly for the next six weeks, since the Olympics kick off a few days after the TdF concludes.

----- Stage 1 spoiler ahead -----
    I'm not really supporting anyone in particular, but I am keeping an eye on Sagan. After watching him at the Tour of California, it was pretty cool to see him come from behind Cancellara for the win today.

It's also cool to see how well RadioShack is doing, considering all the crap they went through in the past few weeks. I guess I kinda am partial to them, because they have a Basque rider and a RadioShack team victory means that a Basque person can share in the victory, which we can all pretty well assume Euskaltel-Euskadi won't be doing.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I was watching it this morning and thinking, "Why is RadioShack doing all the work to catch the breakaway?" I didn't realize Cancellara's riding for them. Question answered.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can we consider Cape Epic the The Tour de France of mountain biking?

Sweep the leg!
    Watching and in on the TdF pool at the LBS. $10, 9 riders with points given for the first 3 riders every stage, points daily for each jersey wearer and primes for highest point totals on the rest days. I don't know who the others have but my guys are Horner, Schleck, Evans, Hesjedal, Levi, Tony Martin, Farrar, Sagan and Cav. I picked 9 for the wife too :Sammy Sanchez, JJ Rojas (crashed out today so that sucks for her), Schleck, Levi, Wiggens, Evans, Freire, Sagan and Cav.

I'd liked to have a favorite riders team too but I didn't. It would have been Hincapie, Casar, Voigt, Chavanel, Luis-Leon Sanchez, Tommy Voekler, Petacchi, Sammy Sanchez and Sagan. They'd be my picks for riders doing well but not in the top 10.

At least this year we don't have to pick a lantern rouge as a tie-break.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky1x View Post
    Can we consider Cape Epic the The Tour de France of mountain biking?
    Old time TdF would be more like the current Tour Divide.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Watching and in on the TdF pool at the LBS. $10, 9 riders with points given for the first 3 riders every stage, points daily for each jersey wearer and primes for highest point totals on the rest days. I don't know who the others have but my guys are Horner, Schleck, Evans, Hesjedal, Levi, Tony Martin, Farrar, Sagan and Cav. I picked 9 for the wife too :Sammy Sanchez, JJ Rojas (crashed out today so that sucks for her), Schleck, Levi, Wiggens, Evans, Freire, Sagan and Cav.

I'd liked to have a favorite riders team too but I didn't. It would have been Hincapie, Casar, Voigt, Chavanel, Luis-Leon Sanchez, Tommy Voekler, Petacchi, Sammy Sanchez and Sagan. They'd be my picks for riders doing well but not in the top 10.
    Hesjedal

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crewjones View Post
    Any part-time roadies into the tour? I see after stage 1 we have an american in 4th
    Yes I am watching it - but nice name and Hell Track the greatest track ever made - just watched Rad yesterday.