mtbr member

Ladies! Need your advice please on the WTB Speed She - is it really that horrible?

To the mtb ladies out there, I just bought a WTB Speed She Comp saddle for my wife, who comes back from a trip in a month. I didn't bother to look up the reviews because all of the other saddles WTB makes kick azz. However, today I noticed that all the reviews for it are abominable. Is it really that horrible? If it is, I'm definitely returning it.

Thanks for your input!

Panthro

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    My wife likes hers, she has them on two of her bikes.

Check out this thread on Passion, there seems to be quite a few other females that like the saddle.

help me (girls saddles)

She will have to try it and see.

mtbr member

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your help, I will just have to wait and see - you are right.

mtbr member
    Never tried it, but this month's MTBaction wrote it up as THE saddle to buy, and not just for the ladies.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My lady friend "loves" hers.

nachos rule!
    Jan 2004
    wifey has one on her track bike and loves it
    plus a change, plus c'est la m'me chose - alphonse karr

Where's the chair lift?

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by supercorsa
    wifey has one on her track bike and loves it
    Hello, we sell these saddles in our shop and when the season comes to ride, we cant keep them in stock!! We have customers put them on their MTB and Rd Bikes as well. Some people rate the seats badly, not knowing that they may have the seat in a bad position or setting. We have had some customers come in after they took their seats home and installed them incorrectly, usually nose down on a rd bike or XC bike. Which in turn will put excess pressure on the outer edge of the sit bones, and cause the rider to shift forward making everything feel like total crap. So, make sure its set up right in order to get a good result. Sometimes it also takes few rides to get the seat broken in. Especially if she has not been riding in awhile. I have several of my female friends riding these saddles on their bikes and they love them!! Good luck!!!

Ellsman1(Aka Marzman1)

mtbr platinum member
    My wife loves hers. She had been on an Avenir womens before and now she won't let me put anything else on her bike.

That being said, everyone is different- especially when it comes to saddles. Oh, one more thing. Make sure that it is level too.

-Ryan
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtbr member
    I hope everyone else is right and I'm wrong for your sake, but I DESPISED the WTB saddle I got stuck with on a rental bike on vacation. It was way too wide in the back to be comfortable. It was not a speed she, but all the WTBs look to have that wide rear end...I'll never buy one.

So if she hates it...don't be mad. But there's no point in returning it until she has a chance to sit on it for a while. I

mtbr member

I figured it might have been positioning....

You guys are the @hit....I really appreciate your responses, I figured some people might have positioned it funny, hell, any saddle sucks if you don't have it level. The damn thing just LOOKS comfortable. If it really is, I might have to break down and put one on my DS-1..LOL, how funny would that be?

Panthro

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    I'm running the male version, the Speed Vee on a couple of bikes, and recently got one of their high end versions, the Rocket Stealth to put on a new bike.

I've liked almost every WTB saddle I've tried over the years.