Thread: Koobi saddles?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Koobi saddles?

I couldn't find much reviews about these saddles probably becaue they weight almost 300g. But they do have a 30 day return policy.

I am looking at this one, sleek and have custom bumpers you can put in. looking to take the edge off the bumps of my HT. has anyone used their saddles?

http://www.koobi.com/koobiprs-alpha.aspx

mtbr member

Bingo - Me!

I've had a Koobi PRS on my steel hardtail for years and, yes, it does take some of the edge off and the saddle has lasted for many years and shows little sign of wear.

PS: I won the saddle from an old Dirt Rag drawing.

mtbr member
    I rode, and still have, an early Koobi - what they now call the Classic SI, I think - but it was all leather and had no gel. I liked it, it held up and I still occasionally ride it, esp if my butt is sore from too much riding. Saddles, of course, are a highly subjective matter - your butt may vary
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air
    I rode, and still have, an early Koobi - what they now call the Classic SI, I think - but it was all leather and had no gel. I liked it, it held up and I still occasionally ride it, esp if my butt is sore from too much riding. Saddles, of course, are a highly subjective matter - your butt may vary
    Same here. I bought and Enduro (AU I think) and haven't installed it yet. The SI keeps going strong, despite a tear or two in the leather.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have been looking at $100-$170 saddles but just cannot find one that I am sure about spending this kind of money only to find out it's painful. Actually most of the saddles I checked is about 230-240g, so this is only slightly heavier with Ti Rails and real leather surface. I read some reviews and it almost all good..
    They have a 30 day return policy should be enough time for me to figure it out.

Also I was looking at the thudbuster ST model, I always thought it might be similar to this kind of seat with a cushion below it. If I had a FS bike I wouldn't care as much about the cushion though.