Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    I have a velro strap that holds my tube, mini-tool, tire levers, and sometimes it takes my car keys. Cost $0.99 from a craft store. Works awesome.......

Edit - does not come in funky patterns that the awesome strap is available in.
    The difference is the Awesome Straps are 1) heavy duty 2) engineered with elastic tabs to hold the gear onto the strap 3) have non-slip material. All of this makes it a bit different and much more secure than the simple velcro some folks use.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just did a re-packing and managed to fit a SRAM powerlink (wrapped in electrical tape) and a $20 bill in there.

Just got a Backcountry Awesome strap!-2014-08-23-07.36.05.jpg

mtbr member

Re: Just got a Backcountry Awesome strap!

Here is the other half of my kit I carry in my jersey pocket in a Backcountry Tül Bag. Extra CO2, Park chain tool, KMC master link, tire boot, zip tie, 3 Fix-it-Sticks (2.5, 3, 4, 5, t25, phillips), $20, glueless patch. Admittedly I can reduce bulk and weight with individual allen keys but the Fix-it-Sticks are great

mtbr member

Just got a Backcountry Awesome strap!

Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post

I have more crap in there now but you get the idea

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    What pack is this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I love these straps! To the naysayers saying they'll come off... I've done hundreds of miles of super rough/technical riding and haven't lost anything, and also have driven across the country and back (4000 mile road trip) with the bikes on the roof and never lost anything either, for what it's worth!

I use mine to carry a 29" tube, multitool with chain breaker, power link, tire levers, and CO2. Obviously a lot more than advertised. The multitool (Crankbrothers Multi-19, so it's a decently big one) is opposite the other stuff and under the elastic straps that hold the tube in. I use the tube tarp.

I didn't like saddle bags because they did always fall off, and my inner thigh could sometimes rub on them, which wears on my shorts and is just annoying. I'm not a camelback type of person when I'm racing, so these straps hold anything I might need for quick repairs during a race or small training ride.

Just got a Backcountry Awesome strap!-10509537_10154288883190442_6385438384510711364_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: Just got a Backcountry Awesome strap!

Quote Originally Posted by pitbullandmtb View Post
    What pack is this???

I honestly don't know who makes it. But it's from China. I got it in a week in a half, quickest order from there ever

mtbr member

I honestly don't know who makes it. But it's from China. I got it in a week in a half, quickest order from there ever

Thanks. Do you have the site still?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...647922&alt=web

There are others, like it on there but this is the one I just found

mtbr member

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...647922&alt=web

There are others, like it on there but this is the one I just found

Thank you so much!!!

mtbr member
    Other comments to some folks above. This works great for the tubeless crowd b/c you will rarely flat (if you maintain your sealant) so you don't need to carry a pump etc...just a CO2. For the small bits, see my pic above..that stuff goes in my bag and into my jersey pocket...I suppose if you don't wear traditional jerseys with pockets this would be an issue. Look, this stuff isn't for everyone and really works well for the XC crowd that is going out on a 1-2 hour rides with bottles and a standard cycling kit (jersey+shorts). For DH, all-mountan, enduro, or whatever you call the more gravity-orientated riding nowadays or all-day epics into the backcountry (or if you ride in heaps of mud), you are going to wear a pack and not need this kind of gear. Again, for $12, ditch the dorky seat pack and get one...the Tube Tarp will keep your tube clean for another few bucks. The Tube Turniquot that they make is EXCELLENT at strapping a battery to the top tube for your light set and is the most secure solution I have found. I use the road version of the under-seat strap on my road bike as well.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I had my first ride with the thing yesterday (30k with fast and technical segments) and as I expected nothing moved. I got it on there real tight. My only concern is that something might "naw" a hole in the tube over time. I have the tube tarp though so it shouldnt. We'll see...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I bought an Awesome strap a few years ago and think it works really well. It is tight and doesn't move. I like it for my shorter rides when I don't want to ride with a camelbak; sometimes I like the lighter weight feel. It also works better than a seatbag with dropper posts because nothing is touching the post. Every seat bag I ever used had a strap around the post that would rattle and would eventually scuff the post.

mtbr member

The more I look at this strap. The more I want to try it. Does anyone use it for tubeless set-ups (i.e. for tools and other stuff)?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I just had an over the bar crash and all the gear I had in the awesome strap race two didn't budge at all. Great product in my book.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The more I look at this strap. The more I want to try it. Does anyone use it for tubeless set-ups (i.e. for tools and other stuff)?

I do and I think its perfect for tubeless. I strap all my "tire stuff" to the seat and forget about it. Its there all the time. I have a tul bag from same company for my multi tool and an extra co2 cartridge. For shorter rides thats all I need. For longer rides I use a camelbag so space isn't really an issue for me there.

Also, it looks awesome! And way better than a seat bag (in my opinion).
    And really, they're $12 so they are worth a try for anyone whos interested.

mtbr member
    I'm somewhat of a minimalist and kind of like the idea of the strap but am struggling to see any advantages that it has over a small seat pack that is just large enough to carry the same amount of gear, and can think of a couple of advantages that a small pack has over the strap.

A little help? (aside from aesthetics)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I'm somewhat of a minimalist and kind of like the idea of the strap but am struggling to see any advantages that it has over a small seat pack that is just large enough to carry the same amount of gear, and can think of a couple of advantages that a small pack has over the strap.

A little help? (aside from aesthetics)
    Looks was a big thing for me. The seat bag makes my beautiful Superlight look off. Also (has been mentioned a couple of times) because I ride tubeless I dont have (m)any flats so everything is tucked away and I dont have to worry about it. I dont mind carying a small toolbag in my jersey pocket.

And it looks really cool!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matw View Post
    Looks was a big thing for me. The seat bag makes my beautiful Superlight look off. Also (has been mentioned a couple of times) because I ride tubeless I dont have (m)any flats so everything is tucked away and I dont have to worry about it. I dont mind carying a small toolbag in my jersey pocket.

And it looks really cool!

I use tubes and carry no more gear, and also stash a few things in my jersey pocket.

So it's only about aesthetics eh?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by matw View Post
    I do and I think its perfect for tubeless. I strap all my "tire stuff" to the seat and forget about it. Its there all the time. I have a tul bag from same company for my multi tool and an extra co2 cartridge. For shorter rides thats all I need. For longer rides I use a camelbag so space isn't really an issue for me there.

Also, it looks awesome! And way better than a seat bag (in my opinion).
    And really, they're $12 so they are worth a try for anyone whos interested.
    So the tulbag fits in the strap?? I thought about using the tire tarp to hold my tool, levers and c02.

mtbr member
    Well I just had a shower and after giving it some thought I realized the strap might have a couple of advantages. It probably saves about 50 grams, which I'm not discounting because I'm sort of a closet ww myself and hey, 50 g's is 50 g's. Also in a race situation I suppose it would be quicker to get at your stuff, which is not really much of a factor for my non-racer self.

I was thinking of replacing my old and admittedly hideous seat pack with a more svelte one, but I might consider joining the cool kids and trying the strap.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Well I just had a shower and after giving it some thought I realized the strap might have a couple of advantages.
    The advantage is that it works seamlessly with a dropper post, with no interference from having a loop around the post shaft.
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Always in the wrong gear
    I've been interested in these straps. Looks clean and simple. I'll bee trying one soon enough.
    Gary Fisher Rig SS
    Santa Cruz Solo

A gear-curious singlespeeder

mtbr member
    The only problem I have with mine is everyone saying, "it looks like your stuff is falling out".
    "We will call you Cygnus, the god of balance you shall be."

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Man, I love mine for shorter rides when I'm not going too far afield and only need a bottle vs. riding with a pack! They are *very* secure so long as you load it up in a non-bonehead fashion.

Awesome Strap/bottle/pocket setup, small pack and large pack. Different setups depending on the ride.

Use it a lot on all sorts of chundery stuff, no problem yet.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    So the tulbag fits in the strap?? I thought about using the tire tarp to hold my tool, levers and c02.

No; this goes in your jersey pocket.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast