mtbr member

Jenson USA Comes Through

I want to give some credit to Jenson USA for outstanding customer service. My '96 Bontrager Privateer Comp was finally getting a little long in the tooth, so I purchased a closeout '11 carbon frame bike and received it last Friday. Put it together and took it for a quick spin around the neighborhood Saturday morning. When I returned home I noticed a crack in the frame. I immediately called Jenson and sent some pics. On Monday (yesterday) at 7pm EST I spoke with the manager at JensonUSA in CA and by 3pm EST today I had a new bike in RI.

Just finished putting it together and took it for a spin around the neighborhood, no problems this time. I knew Jenson USA had a good rep for customer service and assumed they would take care of me but a new bike from the other side of the country in under 24 hrs? Unbelievable!

The Original Suspect
    Nice! That is the way customer service should be!!

I just placed my first order with them a few days ago. I especially like their live chat feature. I needed to add something to my order and they took care of it!!

Oh Yeah Baby
    Thats great that you didnt have to jump thru endless hoops to get the superb customer service that is deserved.

I usually place orders from Pricepoint, Treefort, AND Jenson. Thanks for the info.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Nice! Are you saying they sent it even before receiving and and inspecting the old frame? That's great service.

mtbr member
    I've still got the "old" frame. It's all boxed up ready to ship out as soon as UPS calls to schedule a pick up. It's a Jamis 2011 XCT 4, original msrp over 6K, closeout price already less than half. If they replace the chainstay that was cracked and sell it I'll bet someone gets an incredible deal.

mtbr member
    I agree great service, had a similar experience a few years ago and they came through. I am concerned about the Carbon Jamis XCT3 I bought 2 weeks ago, I rode it for a bit and am on a long business trip. How easy was it to tell there was a crack? I'm going to take a good look when I get home.

mtbr member
    There was no question at all, it was a blatant crack I could easily fit my fingernail in. I removed the steel plate and the crack went half way down the other side also.

Lots of times the layup of the carbon fiber layers can look like a crack but it's just the way the light is reflected at different angles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jenson USA Comes Through-crack1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Jensen might have great customer service but I would be concerned with Jamis QC. How does a new bike get a crack in the frame/chainstay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    Jensen might have great customer service but I would be concerned with Jamis QC. How does a new bike get a crack in the frame/chainstay?
    I'm not concerned. Did a lot of research on this bike before buying and never once saw anything about problems with their carbon frames. If it was a common problem it would be known. Could have been QC or physical damage anywhere between Taiwan and RI. Besides, it has a 5 year warranty and both Jenson USA and Jamis have shown in the past they stand behind their products.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I used to work right down the street from their storefront in Corona. Used to go in there a lot, and they were always stand up guys in terms of service, knowledge, and responsibility. Still order from them, and their mail service is just as good.

mtbr member
    I agree, I have not heard of anyone having issue with Jamis Carbon frames either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Jenson is my #1 LBS for all the reasons stated!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The ONLY online bike shop I use.

I highly recommend them

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thats the main place I by my stuff from. Got my bike there too.

mtbr member
    I say I have to agree with you:

I placed an order back on 12/6. Received the shipping/tracking info. and my order was closed. As of today I haven't received my order. I tried the "live chat" and I was impressed. They are re-shipping my order (minus one item that was out of stock).

May be my new go-to web site when ordering online.

mtbr member
    Update:

Received my order today. Jenson shipped over-night. If I need anything else and I hit the web for it I'll be going to them first.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbzarg View Post
    I say I have to agree with you:

I placed an order back on 12/6. Received the shipping/tracking info. and my order was closed. As of today I haven't received my order. I tried the "live chat" and I was impressed. They are re-shipping my order (minus one item that was out of stock).

May be my new go-to web site when ordering online.
    I gotta give Jenson credit for the excellent service. I've ordered quite a bit of them and every transaction is a breeze, and their online support is great too.

They also ship to some areas (CA, AZ and some western states) by Norco-Overnight as part of their free shipping and the service is usually next-day from the day it shipped. Not bad at all for free shipping!

-S

mtbr member
    I have had great luck with Jenson, but now that Chain Reaction is offering free shipping to Canada (which Jenson does not) I have switched to them with great amounts of success also.