Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hello - How about a 6 month update on this saddle?

I've been riding it on my FS 29er for 6 months now and I'm still sold. Ridden it all over various kinds of terrain (road, path, trail, xtreme, etc.), and while I have had to play with the adjustment of it a bit back when I was experimenting with different stem lengths, I've had nothing but a great experience with this saddle.

I will admit - it looks weird and people often ask about it - I tell them it's the most comfortable saddle I've ridden. Then I ask them how they like their saddle...and the usual reply is: it's alright, but maybe I'll try one of those. Which leads me to believe most people are just compromising with their saddle comfort. Just because these are not in stock at bike shops (WHY?) people are afraid to try it.

I've never seen another one out on the trail myself...did see one Cobb and the guy told me he was going to get an ISM instead...

Anyway, Love this saddle. Just did a 30 miler yesterday ( I typically ride 20 XC miles in some pretty tough terrain) and again, no discomfort anywhere along the ride at all or after.

Best saddle money can buy. Period. :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Adamo Peak

With Adamo Peaks on both my Giant XTC C2 mountain and Giant FCR3700 hybrid for a year now, my bottom is much happier. I'd tried other seats.....not saying they're bad, but.....I had serious numbness and all-around discomfort. Now, I'm much more comfortable. I can spend all day in the country riding without issues. It's a little pricy, but totally worth it. And Dave Bunce at ISM seems like a good guy to work with.

I put the Adamo Century on my wife's Giant FCR3700 hybrid. Dave Bunce said its slightly narrower, and popular with women.

My only issue is, I'm still not 100% sure I have the tilt adjustment just right on my XTC C2 mountain bike. The installation video conflicts with the website instructions. My rails are level, so my front "arms" are tilted slightly downward. I'm feeling excessive hand pressure, so I'm thinking to tilt my seat up a tad. Oddly, I have it tilted the same as my FCR3700 hybrid and I don't experience any discomfort on that bike. But the XTC C2 has a 21-inch frame while the FCR3700 hybrid has a 19-inch frame, so I'm more stretched out on the XTC C2. I did fore/aft adjustment on both bikes using the Knee Over Pedal Spindle (KOPS) method.
    Last edited by kscarbel; 09-26-2012 at 03:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I haven't tried this specific Adamo, but their seats fit me really well...great company and products.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm ordering a new hybrid (Giant Roam XR1) and am debating whether to stick with the Adamo Peak, or try one of the other seats. Way back when, Dave Bunce had recommended the Peak for my first hybrid. But they have more saddle choices now. Obviously it needs to be suitable to an upright riding position (I'm always concerned their saddles are biased designed for racing).

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Sorry for reviving this, but hope you can help me please
    Adamo Peak Question

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hello folks!

I purchased a ISM Adamo short nose and went for a 40km ride dudes the end of my glutes hurts a lot... I dunno if this was due to adjustment or just because was my 1st time using it. I can confirm for sure the pain in your balls is gone at all 100% no pain, but the seat is not soft at all I know this for road not for MB anyway Ill keep you posted about my progress, That short nose sticks at the end of your butt when your glutes ends and the legs start I dont know how to call that part.... I am gonna ride it for some time and do some adjustment and check If I can really use it... So glutes pain or balls pain...? damn

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I found this image regarding legs parts

http://www.5bestexercises.com/wp-con...g-muscles1.gif

It exactly hurts at adductor magnus.

mtbr member
    I wanted to let everyone know that my experience with my new Adamo peak saddle is nothing short of outstanding. I ride a minimum of 5 days a week. I do not suffer from pain or numbness, my issues are saddle sores. I have tried everything, good hygiene, good riding shorts, riding position.....nothing really worked. The day I put my butt on the peak saddle was the day the sores retreated....Ya Hoo!!! I find this saddle very comfortable, I never had saddle bone tenderness. I also found my climbing improved. I set the saddle level and mid rail just like my old saddle, and did not feel that my saddle height increased. This is one hell of a saddle, pricey but worth it, espcecialy if you get saddle sores in the midline of your Perineum

Gigantic Hawk
    As I have said earlier in this thread, this saddle is all about proper set up for it to work well. I have a Peak and a Prologue on my road bike. They are great saddles, but can take a few rides for one's lower half to adjust to them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

ISM Adamo Peak Saddle

I love my new Adamo peak saddle. It creaks a little, so I'm trying to figure out how to stop that. Otherwise, very comfortable. My junk doesn't get numb anymore.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

ISM Adamo Peak Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog2003 View Post
    I love my new Adamo peak saddle. It creaks a little, so I'm trying to figure out how to stop that. Otherwise, very comfortable. My junk doesn't get numb anymore.
    Update: it wasn't the saddle, it turned out to be the seat post. Replaced it and the creaking is gone. Still love the ism saddle. Would not go back to traditional saddle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am gonna get the ISM Adamo Peak for my mtb newbuild. I ride a road bike too and use the Adamo Century and its one of the best investments on the rig. Its sooooo comfy and makes u wanna ride more.

I hope ISM can come up with a Ver 2.0 for the Peak soon. Maybe with TI rails.

Kongg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Doe it HAVE to be the Peak for off-road/mountain biking? Would the Prologue or the newer Attack be just as good. I'm on my 2nd ride of the Attack on my Giant Defy and it's totally removed the pain in my perinuem....in fact thanks to the ISM Attack I was able to ride as far as i've ever gone.......60km - would have gone further if my legs didn't start to act up. I'm sold on the ISM Adamos....they freakin work. My first ride was painful on the sit bones and on the 2nd ride the pain has lessen quite a bit - i think on the 3rd ride my muscles and tendons would have toughen up to make the seat even more comfortable - say Bye Bye to pain in the perinieum.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Machoman121 View Post
    Doe it HAVE to be the Peak for off-road/mountain biking? Would the Prologue or the newer Attack be just as good.
    I'd go with whatever works for you. If you already have another ism seat, I wouldn't spend the money on another. If you are going to buy a sets for mountain biking, get the Adamo Peak, because it has tougher edges that won't rip when you crash.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have a attack model on my fsr 29er stumpy and love it had a peak the attack feels alot better for me.
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by B-RAY View Post
    I have a attack model on my fsr 29er stumpy and love it had a peak the attack feels alot better for me.
    I've looked at my Attack - the back looks quite pointy though and it might hurt to rub against it on a downhill and when u have your chest or stomach against it.

I got back onto one of those seats with a hole in the centre - before the ISM Attack it was my better seat - although on extended rides the perinieum pain would eventuate. Now i can't bear to sit on it - i could feel how the body is resting it's entire weight on the perineum area!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I noticed the arms - the 2 prongs in front is thicker on the Attack. That will surely make the Attack more comfortable than something thinner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frank daleview View Post
    I've personally used the Adamo Peak, Racing, Podium and now Time trial saddles. All will give you far more seating versatility than a traditional saddle. I think the podium and breakaway offer the most positions and are the most versatile of the line, even for mtb.
    I'm torn between getting the Peak or the Attack. I like the concept of the Peak where it's behind slopes down but the Attack seems to have the longest and narrowest design. Please help me decide. I do have the Attack on my Giant Defy (road bike) but would like to decide quickly so that i can get an ISM seat for my off road cycling.

And did ISM redesign the Peak? There was some talk about it having an extended lip behind - i don't see that on the peak.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Actually i reread your comment and i might get another Attack then......unless someone can tell me the Peak is better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I was going to get a peak but got a used breakaway and it works great . Also I was trying to save as much weight as possible with the titanium rails too. Even still they are on the heavy side, even that the weight is nothing compared to the under carriage having no problems. Once it is fitted right the looks and weight are in the past compared to performance and comfort. I have the Cobb it looks better and a little lighter, but just not enough clearance for the undercarriage. I won't try a another saddle, but a lighter model would be awesome. Aslo to note the breakaway looked more like a conventional saddle then the rest.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I bought my 2nd ISM Attack (the first one was for the road bike) for mtb and it was amazing. No more pain from the perineum. I'm never going to be able to sit on a normal saddle ever again.

Old Fart Swamper

Cool-blue Rhythm

This one went on my Hard Tail 29er after riding ONE city Block....
    Two seasons now, just moved it to my Full squisher 27.5

ISM Adamo Peak Saddle-img_20130323_160249_031.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]924495

[/ATTACH]

Up underneath at the back of the center slot two staples popped out
    letting about a one inch flap hang loose, very small and does not affect
    the seat performance nor can it be seen unless I look up under the saddle...

I think I'll glue it up tight to keep the water out....

Very nice seat, If I wear it out I will buy another.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISM Adamo Peak Saddle-img_20140905_161805_972.jpg  

clw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Third ride last night on my new Peak. This one was mostly a long road transfer ride to the trails and back. Road rides are one position and grind, unlike my previous two rides that were off-road only where I move around a lot on the bike. Had a bit of discomfort caused by the fact that my sit bones are too far back for the chamois pad to offer any cushion. So...it was bare Lycra polishing the skin over my sit bones. My junk was fine, but...

What are you guys using for shorts that extend higher up the rear of the short? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3