mtbr member

Insulated water bottle with a flip-top cap?

My lunch time rides rarely exceed an hour and it's easier just to carry along a bottle of water. I have several Nalgene ATB flip-top cap bottles and several Polar/Camelbak insulated sport bottles.

Name:  Amazon.com Nalgene ATB All-Terrain Bottle 22 Oz with Black Lid Sports & Outdoors - Mozilla Firef.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  7.9 KB Name:  Polar Bottle Fade Insulated Water Bottle (Blue, 20-Ounce) Amazon.com Sports & Outdoors - Mozilla.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  12.7 KB

Ideally, I'd like to find an insulated (plastic) bottle like the Polar/Camelbak that has a flip-top lid like the Nalgene. My google-fu has failed me and I can't seem to find such a hybrid.

Most of the insulated flip top bottles are stainless steel and weigh a pound. I tried to fit the Nalgene lid on several insulated plastic bottles but it just wasn't a good fit.

Does anyone know of a plastic insulated sport bottle that has a flip top lid?
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Personally I don't like flip tops but that is just me. I even remove the "leash" from my Polar bottles. Don;t want that to get hung on anything while riding/ removing from cage, etc. The flip tops I do have seem to have the seal get pinched and eventually leak.
    Polar bottles work well here. Recently got back from a 1.5 hour ride in 92-99 degree temps and still had ice in the bottle(s).
    2007 Cdale Caffeine 29er Lefty.
    "Your not going to shove you're proper grammer down are throats!!"

mtbr member
    I agree the polar bottles work well. There's quite a few horses on the trail I ride and I can't dodge all of the horse sh*t. And, in the summer, there's lots of the dried version and my bottles are coated in dust. I can't help wondering how much of it is dried crap...

Even if I carried a pack, I'd want to find some way to keep the bite valve clean. Hence the flip top cover... I've owned the Nalgene bottles for well over a year now and they've not leaked once.

I'm just trying to find the best of both worlds.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Take the bottle out of the cage, give it a short squirt to the ground then drink from it. You just washed the end off it before you took a drink.
    Horses suck almost as much as horse owners. Sorry, just the truth
    2007 Cdale Caffeine 29er Lefty.
    "Your not going to shove you're proper grammer down are throats!!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Any other suggestions for the insulated flip-top? I'm looking too...

Thanks-Dan