mtbr member

input on Sette Derro 1.0 XT

Looking to move into full suspension and as I looked around the net to see what the best bang for the buck I could get for under $2k I found the Sette Derro 1.0 XT. I know nothing about Sette, but it looks like a pretty good component package for the price on price point. anyone have any experience with these? any info on Sette?
    Trek Fuel EX 6
    Cannondale F5
    Felt Z100

My photos

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You would do best to ask this in the Sette forum. Just FYI Sette is not an actual company, although they want you to think that they are. They are just a brand made up by Pricepoint for catalog frames made in Asia. Basically Sette is just Price Point. My experience with a Sette Ace was that it was a quality bike, but the suspension design was no where near as good as that from the major manufacturers.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I absolutely love my Sette Razzo. It's a fantastic bike for the money.
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Epic Expert Carbon 650b
    Karate Monkey SS
    Sette Razzo

mtbr member
    thanks guys, didnt want to trust a frame I knew nothing about with no local support. bought a Trek Fuel EX 6 instead. got a good deal on the last leftover the shop had.
    Trek Fuel EX 6
    Cannondale F5
    Felt Z100

My photos

T.W.O
    Better idea to go with a bigger manufacture with a lifetime warranty and a proven suspension design. You made the right choice. The frame is the heart of the bike and you don't want to get a lame working suspension, components are always upgrade-able.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    that was exactly my fault, 20 easy miles on a bike path to try and get the bike setup the way I want and so far I love it. tonight should be a good 10 mile trail ride to really see it perform!
    Trek Fuel EX 6
    Cannondale F5
    Felt Z100

My photos