Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    I literally cannot see the back wall of my garage until I am already partially in it when backing in. Have to back in for front bumper clearance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
    No worries Korn is still working on the prototype. I have full faith that he will iron out all the wrongs to make this invention right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    No worries Korn is still working on the prototype. I have full faith that he will iron out all the wrongs to make this invention right.
    I don't need it so no worries. I fit with them on top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek View Post
    I have a hitch rack now so no longer an issue but I always wanted to have an enormous banner printed the width of the garage to hang on the back wall that just said "BIKES???".

I thought it would be rather humorous but also helpful when the bikes were on the roof.
    Still doesn't address slamming them into low hanging objects away from home. I still think that if I were going to use a roof rack, even a luggage rack, I'd want a device up there that would sound a beep inside the car when approaching a low overhang/garage/etc. Could clip/secure it the a high point like the handle bars of a bike up on the rack.
    That's more than Catfish would do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Solution to Smashing Your Bike Into your Garage or other things

All we have a little product that could help with this. Just a small window cling (not a sticker). Just grab it and stick it up in the window corner or side window when you put your bike on your roof or rear rack.

It works not only when pulling up to your garage but the whole time you are driving. You only leave it up when moving so your don't get used to it being there all the time.

How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-mind-rack.jpg

If I did it correctly I attached a file of what one of ours looks like. We developed it because my girlfriend AND my brother really smashed their bikes and racks and cars into things.. Cost to them $$$$$

Anyway if you want one available on amazon or ebay or at our website

lookupdummy.com

Cheers and safe riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-ludamazwind2000.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Bike Rack Warning and Reminder

Hey Justin
    Hope you are still riding and still not smashing your bike up on your garage or anything else. We made a small little bike rack warning product just for your problem.
    How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-mind-rack.jpg
    Anyway its just a little window cling to slap on your window when you have your bikes on your roof so you don't smash them up on your garage or anything else out there.
    We made it because my girlfriend and brother both did smash up their bikes on the garage (TWICE!) and on a fast food overhang.

Anyway reach out to me and I can send you a couple.

Lookupdummy.com

How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-shopify-3-stacked-fronttammy.jpg

Best solution: A light beam that detects your vehicle above a certain height, blue toothed to an electric buzzer that shocks your ass mounted within the drivers seat cushion.

Shark Tank here I come.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

The best BIKE ROOF RACK REMINDER

Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Long time bike rider. First time garage owner... Those of you with garages and roof racks, how do you remind yourself to not pull into the garage with bikes on the roof? So many people I know have done it.
    I've been there, done that. TWICE... So we came up with the perfect bike roof rack reminder. I'll let a recent reviewer speak for our product, "Been there, done that. Drop my car loaded with 2 mountain bikes straight into a carport. Result: one ruined saddle and one bent seatpost. Looked around for a visual reminder, and found Look Up Dummy. Sticks well to windscreen, easy on, easy off. Very small price to pay for saving your bikes." lookupdummy.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Sounds like a great idea! Check out lookupdummy.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOKUPDUMMY View Post
    I've been there, done that. TWICE... So we came up with the perfect bike roof rack reminder. I'll let a recent reviewer speak for our product, "Been there, done that. Drop my car loaded with 2 mountain bikes straight into a carport. Result: one ruined saddle and one bent seatpost. Looked around for a visual reminder, and found Look Up Dummy. Sticks well to windscreen, easy on, easy off. Very small price to pay for saving your bikes." lookupdummy.com
    Why not to use roof bike rack? Hitch racks are awesome in comparison..

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlov0032 View Post
    Why not to use roof bike rack? Hitch racks are awesome in comparison..
    For you. Not everybody.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    I seldom put my bikes on my Thule Sidearm racks which I have on both of my vehicles as I prefer my T2 hitch rack. Because of my infrequent use of the top rack, even though I don't park in my garage, I'm probably a good candidate for making the overhead mistake so I just patronized the lookupdummy site and bought a sticker.

Now, does anybody have a good reminder system to remind me to look at the new sticker I'll have on my window?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Try this, fill the garage with bikes( 10 or so), yard equipment, tools, parts, frames tires etc. No way the car is fitting in there. Your welcome.

One ring to mash them all
    …tandem kayak, paddle boards, garage queen Wrangler…
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

mtbr member
    When I had my Jetta wagon I had a roof rack. In the 5 years I've had the rack...I've never drove it into the garage...but I have had a couple close calls to where I almost forgot I had my bike on the roof.

When I got my GTI a few months ago...I got a hitch rack. I can pull the entire car with the bike on the rack into the garage.

How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-img_20180306_154539.jpg

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    The only thing that "drives into" my garage (shop, really) is my Yamaha Sport/Tour or my 6 bicycles. I'd be more concerned with those low overhangs of a drive-thru or similar. Fortunately, fast food is NOT my cup o'tea.

Paste eater
    I started this thread 2 years ago. Eventually DID drive into my garage. No damage to bike. Just car. I decide that the best way to not drive into the garage was a hitch rack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Rear bike rack

We would love the convenience of a rear rack as well, and we even have a window cling reminder MIND YOU REAR in our lookupdummy.com product line. That said, as we drive back and forth from Boulder to Fruita, Moab, Santa Fe, St. George, UT, etc. we pity the bike owner that has their bike trashed by the black road slush or coated with half of a dirt road. Our ride up high and escape the worst.

Look Up Dummy!™ window clings are designed to be a constant visual reminder that your bike or gear is on the roof or rear rack. Simply:

Peel your cling off its backing when you get ready to drive off with toys on top!

Position your cling on your windshield where it will be a visual reminder, but smartly not block your vision.

Return home and store your cling on its backing - ready to go for the next adventure!

Repeat!

Look Up Dummy!™ vinyl window clings do not use adhesive, so they can be removed and re-used again and again, leaving no mess on your windows. If they should get crumpled or dirty, just rinse and flatten!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    e would love the convenience of a rear rack as well, and we even have a window cling reminder MIND YOU REAR in our lookupdummy.com product line. That said, as we drive back and forth from Boulder to Fruita, Moab, Santa Fe, St. George, UT, etc. we pity the bike owner that has their bike trashed by the black road slush or coated with half of a dirt road. Our ride up high and escape the worst.

Look Up Dummy!™ window clings are designed to be a constant visual reminder that your bike or gear is on the roof or rear rack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    We'd be interested to know if your lookupdummy window cling does it for you when it arrives. Look forward to your feedback! (I keep mine by my elbow on the side window until I need it when I have the bike up. When I get back, I just slap it back onto the side window. Has worked great.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    We would love the convenience of a rear rack as well, and we even have a window cling reminder MIND YOU REAR in our lookupdummy.com product line. That said, as we drive back and forth from Boulder to Fruita, Moab, Santa Fe, St. George, UT, etc. we pity the bike owner that has their bike trashed by the black road slush or coated with half of a dirt road. Our ride up high and escape the worst.

Look Up Dummy!™ window clings are designed to be a constant visual reminder that your bike or gear is on the roof or rear rack.

mtbr member
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOKUPDUMMY View Post

Look Up Dummy!™ window clings are designed to be a constant visual reminder that your bike or gear is on the roof or rear rack. Simply:

Peel your cling off its backing when you get ready to drive off with toys on top!

Position your cling on your windshield where it will be a visual reminder, but smartly not block your vision.

Return home and store your cling on its backing - ready to go for the next adventure!

Repeat!

Look Up Dummy!™ vinyl window clings do not use adhesive, so they can be removed and re-used again and again, leaving no mess on your windows. If they should get crumpled or dirty, just rinse and flatten!

It sucks when people advertise on here. Especially when they triple post. I pitty the folks that have to use a ****ing sticker to remember they have expensive bikes on top of their cars.

mtbr member
    I won't buy one cuz dummy is offensive and bullying. And I would never put bikes on the roof. But good luck. Gonna take a lot of fools to cover your mortgage with $2 stickers, dummy.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by bamwa View Post
    I won't buy one cuz dummy is offensive and bullying
    If that offends you than I’d be curious to see the rest of your list of offensive things.

mtbr member
    I won't buy one cuz dummy is offensive and bullying....
    Please, tell me you're joking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    I won't buy one cuz dummy is offensive and bullying. And I would never put bikes on the roof. But good luck. Gonna take a lot of fools to cover your mortgage with $2 stickers, dummy.
    I think it's obvious who is the offensive one is here.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    If that offends you than I’d be curious to see the rest of your list of offensive things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Please, tell me you're joking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    I think it's obvious who is the offensive one is here.
    Easy boys, learn to take a joke.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    It sucks when people advertise on here. Especially when they triple post. I pitty the folks that have to use a ****ing sticker to remember they have expensive bikes on top of their cars.
    Hey he didn't triple post, he octoposted! He made that username to just hawk his wares in this thread ::eyeroll::

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    I failed to see a joke here. Just an attitude with a helping of arrogance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    I failed to see a joke here. Just an attitude with a helping of arrogance.
    I can help with that. Stop looking in the mirror. There, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I don't buy the ---for dummies books either. You guys?

Bannėd

Terrible “joke” if that was really his intent.

Bannėd
    I don't buy the ---for dummies books either. You guys?
    Nope, I use a hitch rack. But I have had brain farts like all humans at some points throughout my life, like looking for my keys that I’m holding. Not above admitting that.

mtbr member
    Thinking of starting a clothing line called " Hey Assholes, Buy My Clothes" Who want's in on that?

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Personally I just find the decals comical. If I had a roof rack I would buy them just for laughs. We have all had brain farts, Im one of the worst (looking for something thats in my hand happens once a week). I dont park my vehicles in the garage since its small. Garage is reserved for my tools, bikes etc.

As for the clothing line, I would as long as its something that would make others laugh, even if its ar my expense. Always good to make others laugh.

"Dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

Nope, I use a hitch rack. But I have had brain farts like all humans at some points throughout my life, like looking for my keys that I’m holding. Not above admitting that.
    Or talking on your cell phone as you’re stressed out looking for it in your pocket thinking you just left it somewhere. Here’s your sign.

mtbr member
    Like looking for my cell phone while im talking to someone on it.

"Hey hold on, i can't find my phone"
    🤣

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    if I had a roof rack I would get some sort of flag and attach it to the garage door handle after loading the bike so that when the the door is raised it dangles down, or just put something in the middle so I have to get out and move it

all it takes is for one distraction right before pulling up to make you completely forget about the bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Terrible “joke” if that was really his intent.
    Good or bad, if you can't see that was tongue in cheek then I don't know how you could ever get any joke.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Or talking on your cell phone as you’re stressed out looking for it in your pocket thinking you just left it somewhere. Here’s your sign.
    I do this a lot.

I sometimes use Bluetooth so my phone's across the room and that is completely baffling.

One ring to mash them all
    Quote Originally Posted by LaloKera View Post
    Like looking for my cell phone while im talking to someone on it.

"Hey hold on, i can't find my phone"
    🤣
    I see a market for a "Memory Training for Dummies" book.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

mtbr member
    We got our current house because it has 2 separate garages. A one car and a three car. The three car is my hobby workshop, the one car is my girlfriend's hobby workshop. Our 3 cars are parked on the street.

Cars are dumb.

Cycologist
    I occasionally used my roof rack at my old house. I kept a 2x4 in the garage and I laid it down across the entrance when I left so that I would see it and if I didn't I would feel the front tires hit it before the bikes got to the doorway. Now I park in the basement and it doesn't have a garage opener so I have to get out to unlock and open the door. Some of the trees on the driveway in the back have pretty low branches but seeing them I always stop and take the bikes off before driving around and if I didn't, they aren't big and would just scrape the bikes.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

mtbr member
    Hitch rack!

With all the Bluetooth etc. tech these days they should make a device you put on your bike that's on the rack that will sound an alarm when something at its height is approaching.
    Now that they've had the visual alert system running at 11 foot 8 for awhile... doesn't stop people from using the bridge as a can opener.

What we need is a system that automatically stops your car, then bitch-slaps you for being a dufus.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    12 foot tall garage doors should do the trick.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I see a market for a "Memory Training for Dummies" book.
    LOL-How many minutes separated those two posts?

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Indeed...
    Bigger garage doors help with the at home issue, not so much when pulling through in-n-out. I drive an SUV anyways so hitch rack for me.

How to NOT drive into your garage with bikes on the roof?-88a2e62e-def4-4f06-969f-1075c97b6c72.jpg
    Last edited by Trevor Ochmonek; 03-14-2018 at 08:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    ...and 12 foot bridges...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    What we need is a system that automatically stops your car, then bitch-slaps you for being a dufus.
    Or a system that bitch slaps the doobie out of your hand exactly 30 min before you get home. #coloradoproblems

edit: the REAL point here is.......HEY DUDES, WE NEED A SYSTEM!
    Last edited by bamwa; 03-15-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Magically Delicious
    Or a system that bitch slaps the doobie out of your hand exactly 30 min before you get home. #coloradoproblems
    That's good!

mtbr member
    edit: the REAL point here is.......HEY DUDES, WE NEED A SYSTEM!
    A system that bitch-slaps you to remind you to create a system?

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Now, does anybody have a good reminder system to remind me to look at the new sticker I'll have on my window?
    That would be my problem too.

Even seeing the decal everyday would get so ingrained in my routine it would probably not become remarkable to be useful.

With my Yak crossbars & Rocketbox in use, I measure the height and write it on the side of the box on blue painters tape. I think it was 6'4" on my old suv and I'd see the clearance warnings in parking garages etc.... to know what I had memorized.

Were it me with the roof rack bike system, I'd install and long skinny mirror like 2 or 3 foot wide by 4" or 6 " at the top of the garage facia so I'd see the bike on the roof as I pulled up. I think I'd see that reflection to avoid a mishap.

I did hit a canopy once at motel and the bike front forks bent inward. The bike got generic chrome forks as replacement.

I'm happy with the Yak platform-tray thing I'm using now with either car. I don't miss lifting bikes to the roof but I understand we all need what works best for our cars or purposes.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

Co Springs
    Good or bad, if you can't see that was tongue in cheek then I don't know how you could ever get any joke.

I think a lot of jokes, humor or off-handed remarks lose their luster or just don't play the same as the written word, email or posting when compared to conversation, tone of voice or expression.
    It's no big deal, just a sometimes cause of confusion.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    I think a lot of jokes, humor or off-handed remarks lose their luster or just don't play the same as the written word, email or posting when compared to conversation, tone of voice or expression.
    It's no big deal, just a sometimes cause of confusion.
    I agree. It is a mountain biking board - so it's best to give people benefit of the doubt.

I was pointing out when people went out of their way to do otherwise.

Co Springs
    I agree. It is a mountain biking board - so it's best to give people benefit of the doubt.

I was pointing out when people went out of their way to do otherwise.

I admit, I was slightly perplexed.

If one thinks any decal is offensive and bullying, sure they wouldn't buy it ! Also, if they don't use roof mounts for the bikes, what's the point of having decals you don't need ?

A; Helping them with their mortgage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

I admit, I was slightly perplexed.

If one thinks any decal is offensive and bullying, sure they wouldn't buy it ! Also, if they don't use roof mounts for the bikes, what's the point of having decals you don't need ?

A; Helping them with their mortgage.
    "Hi, I'd like to place an order for one house-worth of stickers please"

Co Springs
    "Hi, I'd like to place an order for one house-worth of stickers please"

The giving spirit is the best plan and nothing tops the generosity of denotations for things not needed !

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The giving spirit is the best plan and nothing tops the generosity of denotations for things not needed !
    Well, in that case I'll take a 3b2.5ba with an ocean view worth of stickers. Don't forget the attached garage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123