Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,165
    Suck it up Buttercup......allow it to heal. Rushing back could cause complications that lead to further time off the bike.

    That said, after I broke my humerus, I was back riding the bike as soon as I was allowed to begin strength training.....which was 5 weeks after surgery(plate/screws)....however, my OS didn't clear me for activity for another 5-6 weeks after that.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: keepbalanced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Suck it up Buttercup......allow it to heal. Rushing back could cause complications that lead to further time off the bike.

    That said, after I broke my humerus, I was back riding the bike as soon as I was allowed to begin strength training.....which was 5 weeks after surgery(plate/screws)....however, my OS didn't clear me for activity for another 5-6 weeks after that.
    I agree not to rush back, not worth it for your upcoming wedding. I broke my forearm and had to have plate / screws... took a couple months to fully heal. It sucked.

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    175
    I snapped both bones in my forearm and got plates put in. Doctor said bones take 6 weeks to heal, 12 months to regain complete strength. I started to road ride initially about a week after I got the cast off to get the feeling of riding back and to rebuild strength. I think I started to MTB about a month after that. I think basically your bones will be plenty strong after 6 weeks - as everyone have said, bones heal fast. For me, it was more about getting the muscle strength and flexibility back to be confident enough to MTB again.

  4. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollution Warrior View Post
    I fractured my arm and did a considerable amount of soft tissue damage (muscle/tendon or something) 7 weeks ago in a low speed OTB with a hard landing. The arm is only slightly sore now at times and I have full use back, but I haven't been on a bike since the crash. I've heard that a break takes about 3 months to fully heal. I'm getting married at the end of January and don't want to go through a wedding and honeymoon in a cast due to a stupid reinjury.
    Go with what the doctor says.

  5. #30
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    Go with what the doctor says.
    Stuff that lol, half these doctors have never broken a bone in their lives n got their certificate out of a box of cheerios, listen to us experts here on MTBR, we can fix anything, we could give instructions for open heart surgery over the net if we had too, **** we could split an atom on here with a team effort......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  6. #31
    duh
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Stuff that lol, half these doctors have never broken a bone in their lives n got their certificate out of a box of cheerios, listen to us experts here on MTBR, we can fix anything, we could give instructions for open heart surgery over the net if we had too, **** we could split an atom on here with a team effort......
    brain surgery any one?

  7. #32
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    20,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Stuff that lol, half these doctors have never broken a bone in their lives n got their certificate out of a box of cheerios, listen to us experts here on MTBR, we can fix anything, we could give instructions for open heart surgery over the net if we had too, **** we could split an atom on here with a team effort......


    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    brain surgery any one?
    That's right I say screw the doctors advice and stick with us well trained trail enthusiasts. Just add a roll of duct tape a few zip ties and your multi tool. You can fix anything out there including a refractured fracture. Just add bark and twigs and we're good.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  8. #33
    Flow like water
    Reputation: DavyRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    That's right I say screw the doctors advice and stick with us well trained trail enthusiasts. Just add a roll of duct tape a few zip ties and your multi tool. You can fix anything out there including a refractured fracture. Just add bark and twigs and we're good.
    Bark and twigs, huh? This is from Colorado? Amendment 64 passed recently? You will need to go back to irony school for this one...

    Edit: I'm from North Carolina. We'd say take a mouthful or two of 'shine, and pour some kerosene over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •