mtbr member
    Aug 2017

How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking

Guys will often say to me "I wish I could get my girlfriend into mountain biking." I know there's no one size fits all way to get her hooked on riding, but I have learned some key things that can help set you and her up for success. I put it all together in a video and I hope you'll find something here that helps.

Here's a quick breakdown of the tips covered in the video:

1) Adjust your expectations

2) Start Simple

3) Put her on the right bike

4) Stay with her

5) Choose your company wisely

6) Choose the right trail

7) You might not be the right coach for her

8) Have her subscribe to dustybetty and visit DUSTY BETTY - HOME

9) Give her time

10) Remember, you can't make her like it
    Last edited by dustybetty; 1 Week Ago at 07:38 AM.

High Desert MTBer
    Hmmm, that does not work... I guess I'll never know! I do know how to put them off forever tho! I'll get my wife to make that video...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Her videos are here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZm...dQTpMvg/videos

There are some good tips. My wife's back into the sport big time and a tangent from starting youth MTB lessons 5 years ago has been a whole lot of moms as well as kids into it. I'm definitely with let someone else do it, have the right bike, and the right trail. I've observed a lot of moms wanting to be shown more than told.

This is worth the effort. I'm at 29 years of adventure with the same woman now.

Same height girlfriend (or wife) has some big advantages but don't get rid of a good one if you already have one. You get to share bikes or ride her better bikes when you're same height.

ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

My little friends
    I have tried many different strategies to get my girlfriend to ride with me, but in the end, she was always afraid that my wife would find out.

MTB B'dos
    Nice spam

If you really wanted to present help, it'd go something like this....

• Don't start them on a crappy bike, make sure it's something you would want to ride.

• Make sure they have a good helmet that fits properly and proper protective gear that will help give them some confidence.

• Take them to really easy trails and let them tell you when they're ready to try something harder.

• Go at their pace, don't try to push them at your pace or rush off ahead saying "I'll be back".

• Don't ride right on the back wheel, pressuring them to go faster.

If they're having fun and not feeling pressured, they will most likely stick with it and progress, if not, most likely you won't get them on the bike again easily.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My wife and girlfriend ride the same bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    +1 to all of what LyNx said for any beginner

mtbr member
    Picard tells me that oral favors are the best option. Give 'er a try and report back.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustybetty View Post
    How to Get Your Girlfriend Hooked on Mountain Biking
    If she's anything like most of the women I know, just tell her you don't want her involved in it!

mtbr member
    My wife has never expressed interest in mountain biking, so I don't press the issue. I am pretty sure that if I prodded her i to it, we would both have a miserable time. She has her things, I have mine, and we find plenty of things we wnjoy together, so there's no need.

Loved the video, though!
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    I am pretty sure that if I prodded her i to it, we would both have a miserable time.
    Absolutely. Why go through all that effort when you can say nothing and both have a miserable time anyway?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    My wife has never expressed interest in mountain biking, so I don't press the issue. I am pretty sure that if I prodded her i to it, we would both have a miserable time. She has her things, I have mine, and we find plenty of things we wnjoy together, so there's no need.

Loved the video, though!
    Thanks.
    Last edited by dustybetty; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Put old cogs in her shoes... tell her the mtb fairies are giving her signs to mountain bike with you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin View Post
    Put old cogs in her shoes... tell her the mtb fairies are giving her signs to mountain bike with you.
    LOL, I like it!

mtbr member
    Tell her the trail is the only way you can can reach the world's best shoe shop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Tell her the trail is the only way you can can reach the world's best shoe shop.

Ha, that wouldn't have worked on me but I definitely know the type.
    Last edited by dustybetty; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:20 PM.

Magically Delicious
    I'm a fortunate guy.

My wife rags me until I give in and let her go ride with me.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Riding with the GF equals a boring and miserable time for both of us. She goes to the mall i go to the trails, we both go home happy.

For those who insist on this terrible idea here are few tips:

a) Please educate her on the rules of the trail. Stopping to adjust her outfit right in the middle of a high speed section is not advisable.

b) We know you are stoked that you get to share this with her but blocking the trail while she repeatedly tries and fails to clear a section is not cute to the rest of us waiting.

c) You and her riding together will most likely be as slow as turtles so please gently tell that there will be riders approaching from behind so she should not let out a blood curdling scream when one happens to say "On your left"

Yes, all the above have happened to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    I'm a fortunate guy.

My wife rags me until I give in and let her go ride with me.
    I'm more fortunate.

My wife leaves me the feck alone.

My arm hurts a little
    terrible idea, I've trained mine to drop me off at the trail and to have beer waiting when I get back.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1ORBUST View Post
    terrible idea, I've trained mine to drop me off at the trail and to have beer waiting when I get back.
    You think that while you're away she's out buying beer?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My wife is my best friend, I'm so glad she loves mountain biking. She joins me on 95% of my rides. The first two years required a lot of patience while she developed her basic trail riding skills. Even then, it was still great being out on the trail together in the great outdoors.

Now she's really good and she can keep up with me on 99% of the trails i ride. She can already beat me up a few big climbs. I can't wait till she's faster than me on the downs. We have so many good memories riding bikes together. It's been a lot of fun to share this amazing hobby and sport.

no batteries required
    Get your other girlfriend to take it up first.
    Nothing that's worth anything is ever easy - M. Hall

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodino View Post
    Riding with the GF equals a boring and miserable time for both of us. She goes to the mall i go to the trails, we both go home happy.

a) Please educate her on the rules of the trail. Stopping to adjust her outfit right in the middle of a high speed section is not advisable.

b) We know you are stoked that you get to share this with her but blocking the trail while she repeatedly tries and fails to clear a section is not cute to the rest of us waiting.

c) You and her riding together will most likely be as slow as turtles so please gently tell that there will be riders approaching from behind so she should not let out a blood curdling scream when one happens to say "On your left"

I can see why your wife has a miserable time riding with you.

If you want to have a good time with your wife/girlfriend on a bike, dont do any of that.

Treat her like you'd treat anyone whos new to riding a bike. Your wife doesnt want to hear your bullshit, and she probably doesnt think your constant sage advice is all that helpful either.

Chances are you blocked the trail when you were new too. Any experienced rider was new at one point as well and they should get it too.

My girlfriend just doesnt enjoy mountain biking all that often, but she loves road biking! I told her to feel free to ask me any questions she has, and then we set off riding. Thats it. Adults dont like to be treated like kids in general, men or women. She doesnt ask too many questions, but neither did I when I was starting... learning myself was half the fun, its not such a great idea to rob them of that opportunity.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post

If you want to have a good time with your wife/girlfriend on a bike, dont do any of that.

Treat her like you'd treat anyone whos new to riding a bike. Your wife doesnt want to hear your bullshit, and she probably doesnt think your constant sage advice is all that helpful either.

Chances are you blocked the trail when you were new too. Any experienced rider was new at one point as well and they should get it too.

My girlfriend just doesnt enjoy mountain biking all that often, but she loves road biking! I told her to feel free to ask me any questions she has, and then we set off riding. Thats it. Adults dont like to be treated like kids in general, men or women. She doesnt ask too many questions, but neither did I when I was starting... learning myself was half the fun, its not such a great idea to rob them of that opportunity.
    I don't think he was implying that it was HIS girlfriend/wife that was doing those things... Possible bad inference...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

since 4/10/2009

If you are riding public trails, there might be people in them at any location. Slow down, say excuse me, and move along. It's pretty easy to not be a jerk and still help new riders learn.

So sessioning stuff isn't allowed anymore? I don't want to ride where you do, that's for sure.

Some people are jumpy no matter how you cut it. Just move along. Who cares how fast or slow anyone else is anyway? It's no wonder your GF doesn't want to ride with you.

My girlfriend in 04 or so wanted to ride with me, so she bought a bike. At first, we picked easier trails she'd be comfortable with. She got better and faster. We got married. We've been riding together since then and we ride more difficult trails together, too. We also ride apart sometimes. Sometimes with other friends, sometimes solo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Sounds like a personal problem.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Nice spam

If you really wanted to present help, it'd go something like this....

• Don't start them on a crappy bike, make sure it's something you would want to ride.

• Make sure they have a good helmet that fits properly and proper protective gear that will help give them some confidence.

• Take them to really easy trails and let them tell you when they're ready to try something harder.

• Go at their pace, don't try to push them at your pace or rush off ahead saying "I'll be back".

• Don't ride right on the back wheel, pressuring them to go faster.

If they're having fun and not feeling pressured, they will most likely stick with it and progress, if not, most likely you won't get them on the bike again easily.
    THIS!! I was lucky enough to be able to build my girl an NS Djambo with a RS Reba RL 120mm fork for her first bike. Put some nice 27.5 x 3 plus tires on it and a GX Groupset. Nothing crazy, but the nicest bike she has ever ridden. Took her to some local green single track and let her ride at her pace, encouraging and giving pointers along the way. She now absolutely LOVES it! She gets antsy when we dont get to ride.

Solid advice Lynx!!

mtbr member
    Tip 7 is the big one.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Tip 7 is the big one.
    Yes, that goes well beyond helping your partner become a MTB rider.
    ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

mtbr member
    I'm more fortunate.

My wife leaves me the feck alone.
    Sorry, I'm more fortunate than the both of you, no wife!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Sorry, I'm more fortunate than the both of you, no wife!
    Do you have a cat?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    If you are riding public trails, there might be people in them at any location. Slow down, say excuse me, and move along. It's pretty easy to not be a jerk and still help new riders learn.
    I did come to a complete stop since she was right in the middle of the trail and yes, I did greet them. You are assuming I blasted past them like a lunatic. Not so. All I meant is that educate them on the rules of the trail as a seasoned rider. Stopping in the middle of downhill semi blind fast corner without a mechanical forcing you to do so is just putting your partner in a precarious position unnecessarily .

So sessioning stuff isn't allowed anymore? I don't want to ride where you do, that's for sure.
    I am not sure you understood my comment so I will provide more details.

Of course sessioning is allowed and always encouraged. I do it often myself but I do not block off the trail to other trail users while I do it. On this section of trail, there is only space for one bike to go through. The guy is stopped in the middle of the trail, GF/Wife ahead is trying to clear the hill. I get there and stop behind him, he sees me, I say hello. I did not say anything further. I just waited. About maybe 3 minutes later, another rider comes up. He stops, we all say hello, meanwhile GF/Wife is still trying to clear this section. About maybe another 5 minutes later, another rider comes up, so we are now 3 riders waiting while the GF/Wife is still trying to clear this hill. Another 4 minutes pass before the guy finally asks her to come back down and move off the trail. Is this reasonable behavior to you Harold?

Some people are jumpy no matter how you cut it. Just move along. Who cares how fast or slow anyone else is anyway? It's no wonder your GF doesn't want to ride with you.
    I agree some people are jumpy but I worded this poorly by calling them "slow turtles" because that implies I am the "racer" type which I am the furthest thing from. I do not care about other people's speed unless of course I am in their way in which case I give way as soon as possible. Again more details on this one. I gave the lady plenty of space. I never got within 10 feet of her at any point and I had slowed all the way down. I was just getting ready to say "On your right" when she turns around and looks me straight in the eye and lets out this horror movie scream. Guy ahead stops and looks at her, and asks "what is wrong?", her response? "Nothing". Yes. Nothing. Keep in mind I never got closer to her than 10 feet. I pass her and say hello and as I pass the guy, he tells me "Sorry about that" Up to this day I do not know what set her off like that. I have a theory but that is for another thread.

Anyway what I meant by my comment about being slow was that perhaps the person riding with them might tell them that riders will be coming from behind. Maybe that cuts down on the "startle" factor. Or better still have them ride in front of them that way they act as the shield against the baddies coming up on her.

My girlfriend in 04 or so wanted to ride with me, so she bought a bike. At first, we picked easier trails she'd be comfortable with. She got better and faster. We got married. We've been riding together since then and we ride more difficult trails together, too. We also ride apart sometimes. Sometimes with other friends, sometimes solo.
    Happy for you Harold! It is not my or my GF's preference but I am still happy for you. We enjoy other things together, just not this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post

You are making too many assumptions. I will just leave it at that.

since 4/10/2009
    I did come to a complete stop since she was right in the middle of the trail and yes, I did greet them. You are assuming I blasted past them like a lunatic. Not so. All I meant is that educate them on the rules of the trail as a seasoned rider. Stopping in the middle of downhill semi blind fast corner without a mechanical forcing you to do so is just putting your partner in a precarious position unnecessarily .

I am not sure you understood my comment so I will provide more details.

Of course sessioning is allowed and always encouraged. I do it often myself but I do not block off the trail to other trail users while I do it. On this section of trail, there is only space for one bike to go through. The guy is stopped in the middle of the trail, GF/Wife ahead is trying to clear the hill. I get there and stop behind him, he sees me, I say hello. I did not say anything further. I just waited. About maybe 3 minutes later, another rider comes up. He stops, we all say hello, meanwhile GF/Wife is still trying to clear this section. About maybe another 5 minutes later, another rider comes up, so we are now 3 riders waiting while the GF/Wife is still trying to clear this hill. Another 4 minutes pass before the guy finally asks her to come back down and move off the trail. Is this reasonable behavior to you Harold?

I agree some people are jumpy but I worded this poorly by calling them "slow turtles" because that implies I am the "racer" type which I am the furthest thing from. I do not care about other people's speed unless of course I am in their way in which case I give way as soon as possible. Again more details on this one. I gave the lady plenty of space. I never got within 10 feet of her at any point and I had slowed all the way down. I was just getting ready to say "On your right" when she turns around and looks me straight in the eye and lets out this horror movie scream. Guy ahead stops and looks at her, and asks "what is wrong?", her response? "Nothing". Yes. Nothing. Keep in mind I never got closer to her than 10 feet. I pass her and say hello and as I pass the guy, he tells me "Sorry about that" Up to this day I do not know what set her off like that. I have a theory but that is for another thread.

Anyway what I meant by my comment about being slow was that perhaps the person riding with them might tell them that riders will be coming from behind. Maybe that cuts down on the "startle" factor. Or better still have them ride in front of them that way they act as the shield against the baddies coming up on her.

Happy for you Harold! It is not my or my GF's preference but I am still happy for you. We enjoy other things together, just not this.
    I am always willing to give beginners more leeway. I am seeing quite a few couples (both older and younger) learning mtb together, so I cannot necessarily assume that the guy is any more experienced or skilled. He may also need educating about etiquette.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Do you have a cat?
    LOL! Nope, I would be known as the old man w/many dogs if that's ever the case.

I do have an 82yr old room mate with Alzheimer's
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    I do have an 82yr old room mate with Alzheimer's
    Explains why you don't have a wife.

Magically Delicious
    ^^^ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr Pig again.

mtbr member
    ^^^ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr Pig again.
    x2 (more for the Cat comment though)
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

Cycologist
    Get my wife into mountain biking? So she can tell me I'm doing it wrong and need to do it her way?
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

mtbr member
    Great video. My ex is a competitive equestrian but never found any interest in riding bicycles or motorcycles (even as a passenger). I rode horses with her and did my own thing with two wheeled passions. My sister, though, fell for mountain biking easily, and after we set up her bike for her and took her to some baby trails, she would often go with us on everything up to pretty solid intermediate rides. I miss having a woman to ride with. It is different: Just joy, no testosterone showers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHun View Post
    I miss having a woman to ride with. It is different: Just joy, no testosterone showers.
    Yeah well, get a bunch of woman together and they can still be interesting, just in different ways.

mtbr member
    Oh, I know. I prefer the one on one time, however.

EMBA Member
    Best way is to introduce her to the local women mountain bike club, and stay away from her on the trails until she invites you to ride together.

One of the best things ever said to me about kids sports applies here too - that being, the thing kids hate most about youth athletics is the ride home with the parents in the car, because the parents dissect the kids performance and suck all the fun out of it. Don't be that husband.

mtbr member
    That is fantastic advice. My brother used to do that with his kids. As a teacher, I hated it.

mtbr member
    The one suggestion I didn't hear was community. Women seem to do a great job of supporting each other when riding. They will have a different experience riding with their girlfriends than with their husband/boyfriend/dad.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

nimble biker
    let me try to get your GF to ride mountain bike.

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat View Post
    The one suggestion I didn't hear was community. Women seem to do a great job of supporting each other when riding. They will have a different experience riding with their girlfriends than with their husband/boyfriend/dad.
    Absolutely.

If your objective is to get her riding, this could play a key role.

YMMV

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat View Post
    Very true. There is a women's riding group at my local trail, I normally hear the laughter well before I get to them.

The Fastest of Bananas
    Wanted to share my positive experience here.

When my wife and I were dating, she needed a way to do cardio without running due to knee issues, so a bike was a solid option. Within a few months she had a Cross bike and a DJ (for pump tracks, bmx race tracks). She was hooked, but extremely apprehensive about mountain biking.

After trying some trails on her Crux, and actually going pretty quick, I decided it was time to hook her up, and put her on a Rhyme carbon comp (Stumjumper).

She was riding for about 6 months, to mixed results. Some rides, she was hurting, or hated me for the trail being too hard climbing, or technical, just being a grump in general. However, some days, she would crush shit, and generally had more fun doing shuttle rides due to the knee pain. Overall, she was a faster learned than me, and was going fast really quickly, and was even going to the DH parks with me.

As she started riding better, we started upgrading some of her parts to make her feel special. Carbon bars, Fox 36 fork, 1x, etc.

Then, her knee got really bad about a year and a half ago, and could barely walk a half mile, much less ride at all. After about a year of that, we started going to her old docs looking for a solution, and lined up a total knee replacement. Which was a big deal, as she was 24 at the time.

Surgery went well, and 4 months after, she was ready to start riding again.

We did a couple local shuttles, took it easy, and she was riding well.

One day, we shuttled, and she forgot her keys, and we had to ride up. I convinced her to pedal up, instead of just letting me do it, and she surprised herself that she can do it once more. Next week, she was in the DH park again with me.

That was two months ago, and now, she is already going faster than me on flow in DH parks, and is jumping well. She is a fast learner, but she is still getting her confidence up to ride technical stuff well. Its understandable, because its hard.

I was successful in turning my spouse into a mountain biker, so I am really lucky there. However, she wanted to do it, first because its fun, and second to spend time with me.

So here is my advice, and what really helped get her stoke up.

1. Get her a good bike. Not a decent bike, a great bike. One that is at least as functional as yours. I have an SWorks Stumpjumper, decked out. She has a carbon Rhyme, totally decked out.

2. If she rides like shit one day, dont talk about it much, dont give a bunch of advice. Do something later to cheer her up.

3. Get her stoke rolling. Show her some sick bike videos that you like. My wife and I habitually watch pinkbike videos together. Share cool bike shit. Most of the time she has seen shit I send her already.

4. Teach her maintenance. Let her develop a sense of ownership of keeping her bike running. Also, she will understand the bike a bit better. My wife knows how, but I do a lot of it, because I am meticulous, and enjoy cleaning bikes, where she finds it tedious. She appreciates thats its always perfect. Like having a race mechanic.

5. Find some fun events to get involved in. The sense of community is key in biking. She loves watching slopestyle and racing. I like racing, and meeting new people.

6. Praise her when she rides well. If she was closer behind you on a DH than usual, notice, say something. I always try to be very positive and energetic when riding with her. Even if we both are bummed about something, we are together, and riding our bikes.

Anyways, I got a bit rambly, but thats my experience. I am extremely fortunate that my wife was a top level athlete earlier in life, and is a badass in general.How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking-15107316_1177424738992375_6906653933616996000_n.jpg
    All smiles
    How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking-20031731_1415467141854799_118654487034345297_n.jpg
    Just 4 months after a total knee replacement, little drop, 6 months after, she's hucking her meat on some decent sized jumps.

How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking-20170913_203436.jpg
    Her rig, looking for a sweet shock upgrade though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking-16640849_1266473250087523_2508717363880954127_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    lol

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by Punit View Post
    lol
    ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nimble biker
    Can I borrow someone gf to ride on the trail?

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post

Are we still talking about bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    I think Picard is extending a gracious offer.

Cycologist

I'm sure someone around here has a gary fisher you can borrow, as long as you promise to stay away from their girl friend.
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

Magically Delicious
    ^^^ That's good!

mtbr member

You really need a Tinder acct man!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    I don't remember what happened to get my girlfriend (now wife) into MTB riding. She used to ride a BMX bike around her neighborhood as a little kid so she already liked bikes although she didn't ride for fun when we started dating.

She joined me when I was shopping for my first "real" MTB and maybe that got her interested again. Sometime soon after that she bought a MTB of her own and we've been riding together ever since. In fact, sometimes when I'm feeling burned out it's her, uh, "encouragement" that gets me off the couch and on the trail.

since 4/10/2009
    let me try to get your GF to ride mountain bike.

Quote Originally Posted by thepusher View Post
    Are we still talking about bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or Picard is a sexual predator...

nimble biker
    yeah man. I am not that generous everyday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Obvious solution

How to Get Your Girlfriend (or anyone) Hooked on Mountain Biking-d739f61d3b576b0e694fafd0a14e08d3-bike-has-dildo-instead-seat.jpg

mtbr member
    Riding with the gf has always been a waste of time for me. It's slow and I don't even get a workout. The best rides we've had are group rides where the guys blast along at their pace and the girls putt putt along behind at their girl pace bouncing off of trees and screaming whenever a feature threatens to overpower their paltry upper body strength.

Then later, while I'm enjoying the feeling of a good effort, she can prattle on about how much fun she had riding 4mph and how she got over this or that ledge that I can't even remember being there.

But God forbid she read this post or I'll get a withering lecture about equality and why I have to embrace it.

I didn't do it
    Or Picard is a sexual predator...
    Nah, he's just hard up.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Wanted to share my positive experience here...
    That's a beautiful bike she's on! You two are lucky to have each other. Awesome you can share a love of mountain biking. I love to see that. When my husband and I ride together it's just so cool being able to share that time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustybetty View Post
    That's a beautiful bike she's on! You two are lucky to have each other. Awesome you can share a love of mountain biking. I love to see that. When my husband and I ride together it's just so cool being able to share that time.
    * * Blink, blink, does not compute *....* .....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    Riding with the gf has always been a waste of time for me. It's slow and I don't even get a workout. The best rides we've had are group rides where the guys blast along at their pace and the girls putt putt along behind at their girl pace bouncing off of trees and screaming whenever a feature threatens to overpower their paltry upper body strength.

Then later, while I'm enjoying the feeling of a good effort, she can prattle on about how much fun she had riding 4mph and how she got over this or that ledge that I can't even remember being there.

But God forbid she read this post or I'll get a withering lecture about equality and why I have to embrace it.
    Jesus, what a lucky lady.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post

Bahahahahahahahaha!

mtbr member

LOL!

Ahhhh...Love!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    LOL!

Ahhhh...Love!
    I read this exchange to my girlfriend, who wants to try mt biking soon and i scored major points.

Tfinator is getting Lucky tonight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Good luck tfinator, hoping her first mtb ride goes smooth.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Tfinator is getting Lucky tonight.

You should rep Schulze for being a solid wingman even though it was unintentional.