mtbr member
    Mar 2005

How can I make Ultraflate work on Schrader??

We really needed this on the trail yesterday but when we looked at it it seemed to be set up for Presta. Now I realize it's an "Intelligent Head" design but how can it work? there's nothing to depress the valve pin. I tried to pump a tube but nothing happens. I lost the documentation...can anyone help? I noticed in the reviews that no one had a problem with it.

Wizard of the Trail
    I haven't used mine on a schrader tube yet, but you have to screw it on. I can't see any pin or anything to depress the schrader tube pin either. I will have to try it out and see what happens. Maybe its high pressure pushes the pin down. I cannot find any documentation on it on the net.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist262
    I haven't used mine on a schrader tube yet, but you have to screw it on. I can't see any pin or anything to depress the schrader tube pin either. I will have to try it out and see what happens. Maybe its high pressure pushes the pin down. I cannot find any documentation on it on the net.
    I sent Innovations an e-mail. I hope they're the kind who actually answer.

I tried screwing it on even though there are no threads. It does go on better that way but how could you do that on an actual wheel with spokes in the way?

My husband thought the pin maybe was depressed by pressure too but I recall that even gas station air nozzles have the pin mechanism.

Wizard of the Trail
    mine has the threads on it in the inside of the brass collar. If you get a response, please post it because I am curious now.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist262
    mine has the threads on it in the inside of the brass collar. If you get a response, please post it because I am curious now.
    Mine doesn't have a brass collar. It is all plastic.

Big Red
    i dont think that it can be done....but it would be cool if it could

Team Cspine

75 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by MTDirtGirl
    We really needed this on the trail yesterday but when we looked at it it seemed to be set up for Presta. Now I realize it's an "Intelligent Head" design but how can it work? there's nothing to depress the valve pin. I tried to pump a tube but nothing happens. I lost the documentation...can anyone help? I noticed in the reviews that no one had a problem with it.
    I ***think*** all you need is one of those 75 cent brass, schrader to presta adapters you can buy at the counter of most bike stores. I haven't needed it yet but I threw one in my Camelbak pocket just in case I run across someone who needs help.

Sorry I wasn't there.......................
    Sorry what?

mtbr member

??

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob
    I ***think*** all you need is one of those 75 cent brass, schrader to presta adapters you can buy at the counter of most bike stores. I haven't needed it yet but I threw one in my Camelbak pocket just in case I run across someone who needs help.

Sorry I wasn't there.......................
    ive never seen a schrader to presta adapter, and i dont think there is such a thing, i think ur thinking of a presta to schrader adapter, wich in this case would do no good...

mtbr member
    I have the Air Chuck SL inflator. When I bought a Big Air canister at REI to go with it there was a small plastic piece taped to it. The instructions said to insert the plastic piece into the inflator for Schrader valves. I have not used it as I only use presta tubes. I too am interested in what Innovations says.

Team Cspine

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyMTBkid
    ive never seen a schrader to presta adapter, and i dont think there is such a thing, i think ur thinking of a presta to schrader adapter, wich in this case would do no good...
    I guess I must be thinking of something else besides an 'ultraflate'. I was sort of assuming she mixed up the terminology, I do once in a while.

Oh well!
    Sorry what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyMTBkid
    I was browsing the Innovations web site I came across some adapters. Check these out:
    http://www.innovationsaz.com/oemiscvalves.htm