Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

High Impact Body and Bike Protection

Hey Guys...

What would be the interest level of incorporating a high impact padding system into seats/helmets/gloves/body armor. I help develop material that is used in the Military for Blast protection and am currently modifying it to be used in Extreme Sports and Professional Sports.

Let me know...just trying to gauge an interest right now...and if interested...what is most important to you about the material.

thanks

rob
    Protect Extreme Sports Athletes - Extreme Sports Protection
    Real Estate - Tampa Foreclosures

sandbagger
    Durability quality and comfort

I hit trees
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    Assuming that we have durability, quality and comfort...what "things" would you like to see built with our material...seats,helmets,gloves,clothings, etc?

we are in the process of building some seats, helmets and gloves (already built gloves for a seadoo rider looking to set a record with proceeds going to cancer research....http://london-sydney.com/blog/ as well as foot pads on the seadoo)...been looking to branch out somewhat so any feedback is great....thanks

mtbr member
    shoulder injuries are very common and most don't wear anything to prevent the clavicle/shoulder separation injury. It would have to be very light, cool and still effective. Probably low cost too. I know, probably not feasible. There's a thread somewhere here on shoulder injuries and there are a bunch of them.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rmasse10
    Assuming that we have durability, quality and comfort...what "things" would you like to see built with our material...seats,helmets,gloves,clothings, etc?

we are in the process of building some seats, helmets and gloves (already built gloves for a seadoo rider looking to set a record with proceeds going to cancer research....http://london-sydney.com/blog/ as well as foot pads on the seadoo)...been looking to branch out somewhat so any feedback is great....thanks
    Many people line the rear triangle with velcrow strapped protectors or just zip tie or tape a old tube to it to stop the CLank and chain damage to the rear end. heres example look by the chain and see the tube http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50...m/GamutP20.jpg

The seat would be good, i hate damaging my top tube from my hard plastic pads, maybe a similar velcrow as the rear triangle to throw on the top tube just as your riding to protect from scrapes. scratches example http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/i...e/P1010410.JPG

Also people do the same to their fork legs to prevent punctures from rocks thats not a cheap replacement make them look cool and people will buy make them tough and light heres an example of a "fixed protector" yours could be straps or what not, not sure on your material http://www.vitalmtb.com/images/produ...1268317210.png

nobody uses a handlebar pad similar to Motocross pads, check Protaper bars they put a rectangle block over bar clamps to protect from impact of face/chest make a universal one.

Ill test things out, like i said i hit trees and rocks lol

just ideas I know all of them wont work but just throwing some things i would use.
    Last edited by airmiller44; 09-20-2010 at 09:51 AM.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    now that i think about it i should just spray my bike with the bedliner spray rhinoliner lmao
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    now that i think about it i should just spray my bike with the bedliner spray rhinoliner lmao
    Thanks for the feedback...any feedback as to what to improve is great...we are working on new lighter/higher shock absorption material as I speak...the nice thing about our product is that it can be cut and used in almost any application and it is impervious to temp/water/mold.

In fact, the harder you hit it, the better it works!

thanks and keep em coming...we are starting on gloves/seats/and pants and see where that goes...and we are always looking for people to test them out

rob

mtbr member
    Here is an example of what happens when you put our mitigator material into an ATV seat

this is one of the things we are working on for MTB's as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwVXDOj8h_0

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    I've heard of people doing that to motorcycles.
    2009 Diamondback Overdrive

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rmasse10
    Thanks for the feedback...any feedback as to what to improve is great...we are working on new lighter/higher shock absorption material as I speak...the nice thing about our product is that it can be cut and used in almost any application and it is impervious to temp/water/mold.

In fact, the harder you hit it, the better it works!

thanks and keep em coming...we are starting on gloves/seats/and pants and see where that goes...and we are always looking for people to test them out

rob

Telll me what u want to start with lol my dirtbike seat hurts the most crf450r shorts are a good idea especially if they protect the hips similar to hockey shorts

TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    people who wear pads arent really getting hurt, the level of protection hasnt been an issue. its always the same issue with pads: heat and comfort. if its too hot, people arent going to wear it.. then they get hurt.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot
    people who wear pads arent really getting hurt, the level of protection hasnt been an issue. its always the same issue with pads: heat and comfort. if its too hot, people arent going to wear it.. then they get hurt.
    its got multiple uses, not all pads are equal ive gotten bruises through pads, its calle high impact, vs sliding on gravel on a pad in that case its like a protector not a shock absorber
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    Our "pads" were actually developed for the military to be used in HumVee's with IED impacts as the main driving force. We are in 80k+ humvee's worldwide and are in the process of bringing the same technology to the consumer market...since I am a fan of Mountain Biking, we are gonna bring it here.

I am really looking at seats, but would like to examine shorts or pants, helmets, gloves, etc. Our material is pretty dynamic stuff, it doesnt really breakdown, no mold, no damage to repeated hits, water resistant. We are working on a very light based version of the original designed especially for the weight consience in mind and we will make it as cost effective as possible (although I dont know yet what the pricing will be but it should be very competitive)

We will be able to retrofit your seats, all you will have to do is send it in and we will take care of the rest.

Im thinking that we would like to have some beta testers that would be interested in testing this out. We are looking for a wide range of bikers so if you are interested, you can send me an email to rob@mitigatorinc.com and tell me what type of biker you are. I am not sure of the number of people we will need but please tell me your situation and what you would like retrofitted and we can take it from there....

thanks a bunch guys!

mtbr member
    By the way...being in the Beta program would be no cost to you...Ive been getting alot of questions about cost...there is no cost, we are just looking at feedback...

sandbagger
    id email you but i cant access outside email from work, Ill have to try and remember when I get home.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member
    Here is some gloves we made for a Jet Ski Competition...these are military grade Impact resistant. You feel very little due to the construction of the "shock absorber". It transfers the energy away from your hand rather than directly into it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Impact Body and Bike Protection-mitigator-glove.jpg  

High Impact Body and Bike Protection-mitigator-glove2.jpg  

High Impact Body and Bike Protection-mitigator-gloves-finished.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is very cool. With the amount that I crash I'd definitely wear something like this. Will you be able to shape the absorbing material to a C shape at all? Or is it stuck being flat?
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugbyroy
    This is very cool. With the amount that I crash I'd definitely wear something like this. Will you be able to shape the absorbing material to a C shape at all? Or is it stuck being flat?
    We are working on new formulations that will allow the material to be more flexible...it si flat but it does flex rather easily. We are also looking at making bar grips as well so we shall see!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just thinking off the top of my head,

If you could do something that is sewn into the shoulders of a std jersey, that would be good.

The same for bike shorts around the hip/upper leg area. I know there are some out there already, but they are really beefed up for downhill.

RE the saddle.
    That maybe a futile effort. Saddles are very personal and everyone seems to like a different one.

Now, if you could put your stuff in a shoe liner that was 2mm thick, you could have something!!!
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i would always like to see gloves that protect my knuckles more.

mtbr member
    How about shoe inserts....would that be something of interest or am I just waisting my time on that one....although they feel great!

let me know

rob

mtbr member
    Still looking for a few more beta testers before we start field testing...just send me an email and I will respond

thanks

MyBikeStand.com
    Email sent talk to you soon.

mybikestand.com

bike rider
    You should make body armor jackets like this:

Undershorts like this:

And knee/shin or just knee pads like these:

All these products could be improved upon in durability, protection, and comfort. As a pro DHer I'd be happy to test and promote for you. You can PM me if interested.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Depending on the thickness your material would need to be, seat and shorts padding would seem to be a given.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast