Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,140

    Here we go again! Dr. Pepper collector's bike

    Colector edition Dr. Pepper mountain bike - $300

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-414491517@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-09-05, 10:00AM MDT


    Colectors edition mtn bike. This bike was given out on a prize basis only from Coca Cola.

    $300
    719-964-5914
    josh


    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/414491517.html


    Should I get it? I mean, it's a collector's edition and he only wants $300! I bet I could repost it here on mtbr and get like $2000.

  2. #2
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,183

    ... and if we just ... Hmmmmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Colector edition Dr. Pepper mountain bike - $300

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-414491517@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-09-05, 10:00AM MDT


    Colectors edition mtn bike. This bike was given out on a prize basis only from Coca Cola.

    $300
    719-964-5914
    josh


    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/414491517.html


    Should I get it? I mean, it's a collector's edition and he only wants $300! I bet I could repost it here on mtbr and get like $2000.
    This is to funny. I just opened a can of Dr. Pepper and then scrolled down to this, like 30 seconds later.

    Now for the serious part.
    Why would anyone buy the bike for $2000 from you, when they can go to Craiglist.org and buy it for less?
    Now that you told us all where to find it...

    Later, Eric.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  3. #3
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Why would anyone buy the bike for $2000 from you, when they can go to Craiglist.org and buy it for less?
    Now that you told us all where to find it...

    Later, Eric.
    Because once I buy it from the dude, I will be the sole owner of the only Dr. Pepper bike in the entire world. I can ask whatever I want for it! I think I'll ask for a bazillion samolians.

    The things these people get into their heads!

  4. #4
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Colector edition Dr. Pepper mountain bike - $300

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-414491517@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-09-05, 10:00AM MDT


    Colectors edition mtn bike. This bike was given out on a prize basis only from Coca Cola.

    $300
    719-964-5914
    josh


    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/414491517.html


    Should I get it? I mean, it's a collector's edition and he only wants $300! I bet I could repost it here on mtbr and get like $2000.
    Dr.Pepper is a Pepsi product.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    59
    Thats what makes it so darn SPECIAL!!!

  6. #6
    College Boy
    Reputation: Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Dr.Pepper is a Pepsi product.


    you are incorret it is a coke product. Reason I know this is A) my campus has a contract only to sell Coca cola products on it and you can by Dr Pepper here.

    B) this summer I pick up an order for an event from a Coca cola bottling plant and 6 of the 24 cases I got where Dr Pepper or Diet Dr pepper.

  7. #7
    high plains drifter
    Reputation: mateoway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    389

    its not the only 1

    my wifes friend rode the flume trail in Tahoe on hers this summer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Humble self-proclaimed nothing.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    832
    I don't think it's worth it. Although, Dr. Pepper is a tasty beverage.

  9. #9
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,507
    I saw an Emporio Armani bike in the park on Monday. Didn't take a picture though. Somehow not surprising, the bike was in the Chelsea/West Village area of NYC! Not the most rugged mtb around
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  10. #10
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,183

    Insert annoying buzzer sound...

    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Dr.Pepper is a Pepsi product.
    I looked at my can after I finished drinking it and it said Coca Cola on it.

    Later, Eric.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    59
    um not that it REALLY matters, but Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi. It is distributed by both, but is owned by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB).
    Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% was produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of pre-Dr Pepper/Seven Up-merger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group.

    I found this info on Wiki. What would we do without Al Gores marvelous invention?

  12. #12
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,140
    I'm thinking of buying up all the Huffys at Wallyworld, spray painting them maroon, sticking a Dr.Pepper decal on them and selling them on craigslist for $300 each. That's a 300% markup, so I should get rich.

    I want to know who buys these things. I understand that Dr.Pepper gives them away as prizes, but who would actually buy into this "collector's item" business?

  13. #13
    Right Coast
    Reputation: StormShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Should I get it? I mean, it's a collector's edition and he only wants $300!
    You can't afford not to get it.
    "Majority rule don't work in mental institutions"

  14. #14
    Semper Fi
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    204
    Is it just me, or does that bike look like a Gary Fisher Joshua?

  15. #15
    occupation : Foole
    Reputation: Fuelish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by unit74
    Is it just me, or does that bike look like a Gary Fisher Joshua?
    Agreed, it does..... looks like urt design...yikes !!!

  16. #16
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc1999
    um not that it REALLY matters, but Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi. It is distributed by both, but is owned by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB).
    Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% was produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of pre-Dr Pepper/Seven Up-merger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group.

    I found this info on Wiki. What would we do without Al Gores marvelous invention?
    Well I guess It does matter. In the South, it is distributed by Pepsi co. Which makes it a Pepsi product in the south.

  17. #17
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless
    you are incorret it is a coke product. Reason I know this is A) my campus has a contract only to sell Coca cola products on it and you can by Dr Pepper here.

    B) this summer I pick up an order for an event from a Coca cola bottling plant and 6 of the 24 cases I got where Dr Pepper or Diet Dr pepper.
    Not the case in the South. Here, it's a Pepsi product. So there.

  18. #18
    Maaaaan
    Reputation: Ericmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,183

    ... and if we just ... What !

    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Not the case in the South. Here, it's a Pepsi product. So there.
    Are you people asking for a Yankee butt whompin !

    Later, Eric
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

  19. #19
    lurkio
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    519
    It looks dangerous
    We went, earth, sky, earth sky, earth skyambulance

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JonathanGennick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc1999
    um not that it REALLY matters, but Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi. It is distributed by both, but is owned by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB). ...
    Hey, that's actually some interesting info that you dug up on Wikipedia. Thanks for that.

    I remember when Dr. Pepper was its own company. My first ever stock-market trade was to buy three (I believe it was three) call option contracts for Dr. Pepper. I just about doubled my money when I sold. It was a good trade. That was back in high-school. I was a senior. My next few option trades lost money though, and in a few months I was totally wiped out. So I lost everything, but "everything" wasn't really much, and it's not like I was supporting myself at the time. I learned a lot, and those few months of trading options represent the most fun I've ever had while losing money.

    Good memories.

  21. #21
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar
    Are you people asking for a Yankee butt whompin !

    Later, Eric
    Yah. You betcha!

  22. #22
    The Notorious S.L.O
    Reputation: btadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,100

    they gave one of these away at the local Wendy's....

    as a part of the grand opening.
    It was a unique bike, it came with a non-Manitou reverse arch shock, complete with the v-brake installed on the back side of the shock.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ultra Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Not the case in the South. Here, it's a Pepsi product. So there.
    You guys are both wrong. DP is its own company, owned by only themselves, and they contract whoever to do the canning/bottle-ing (bottling just looks wrong??) for them.

    BTW, as much as I'm a huge fan of DP, that's like a $99 walmart bike in a DP pain job.

    I wouldn't pay anything for it.

    BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ultra Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,163
    I supposed I should have kept reading a bit before I made my post...

    BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

  25. #25
    Supreme Enchilada
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    87
    It looks just like one of those Triax bikes from Target.
    2006 Iron Horse MKIII Team
    On One Inbred SS
    2009 Santa Cruz Bullit

  26. #26
    backwoods and backwards
    Reputation: MOJO K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    Hey, that's actually some interesting info that you dug up on Wikipedia. Thanks for that.

    I remember when Dr. Pepper was its own company. My first ever stock-market trade was to buy three (I believe it was three) call option contracts for Dr. Pepper. I just about doubled my money when I sold. It was a good trade. That was back in high-school. I was a senior. My next few option trades lost money though, and in a few months I was totally wiped out. So I lost everything, but "everything" wasn't really much, and it's not like I was supporting myself at the time. I learned a lot, and those few months of trading options represent the most fun I've ever had while losing money.

    Good memories.
    Mtbiking represents the most fun I've ever had losing money.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: djork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,563
    Was browsing the bikes section on Craigslist and came upon this. It reminded me of this thread.

    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/bik/417680383.html

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    My wife had one of these, won it at Publix in a contest. Someone just stole it on Monday

  29. #29
    The Martian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Well I guess It does matter. In the South, it is distributed by Pepsi co. Which makes it a Pepsi product in the south.

    I'm really not sure why the crap it matters, but... I was born and raised an hour from Atlanta Georgia, birthplace of Coke, home of the world of Coke, home of the Coke world headquarters... (I think you get the picture).

    My schools of course had deals to only sell coke; there was definitely Dr. Pepper to be had at times! Dr. Pepper is, as was stated, it's own company and is distributed by both Coke and Pepsi. It is neither Coke or Pepsi and never was.

    I consider it a sin against my upbringing to knowingly drink Pepsi. I drink Dr. Pepper on occasion (about as often as I drink Coca-Cola). Don't make this an "in the South" battle; that's just ridiculous. You were wrong, move on.

    Coke or Pepsi; the bike shaped object is walmart crap.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,017
    Its a Walgoose. I see all the day laborers riding them. Cost like $99.00 at MallWart

  31. #31
    pedal pusher
    Reputation: f3rg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,713
    This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Not because you want to resell it for profit--that's capitalism, baby! Free market and all that fine stuff. It's stupid because the Diet Dr. Pepper version would obviously weigh a lot less.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    [QUOTE=mbmb65;3493137]Dr.Pepper is an rc cola product Royal Crown cola don't know where the Pepsi or coke came in on that lol
    But these bikes are not rare at all I have one hell I'll take 50 bucks for it and it's mint

  33. #33
    Professional Nerd
    Reputation: Danimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    158
    Now THAT is one helluva bump for a first post.

    *slow clap*

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    you are incorret it is a coke product. Reason I know this is A) my campus has a contract only to sell Coca cola products on it and you can by Dr Pepper here.
    Incorrect again!

    It's owned by the Dr. Pepper and Snapple group.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper_Snapple_Group

    It's never been owned by Coke or Pepsi. (My dad worked for them, I know way too damn much about this company.) It has distribution deals with Coke and Pepsi in different places.
    Yamaguchi School Cyclocross • 907 Fat Bike • Salsa Vaya Travel

  35. #35
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,562
    Quote Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    Incorrect again!

    It's owned by the Dr. Pepper and Snapple group.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper_Snapple_Group

    It's never been owned by Coke or Pepsi. (My dad worked for them, I know way too damn much about this company.) It has distribution deals with Coke and Pepsi in different places.
    After 9 years.....does any of this really matter?
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

  36. #36
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    27,337
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    After 9 years.....does any of this really matter?
    Apparently, he joined the site to bump a 9 year old thread. It must be really, really important.
    Front Range, Colorado.

  37. #37
    Magically Delicious
    Reputation: Cleared2land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,199
    Do we hear a round of applause for this important resurrection?

    I'm listening....
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

    Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •