mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Help with vintage Jamis rigid spinner fork

I'll make it short- a tree fell on my wife as she was riding, mashed the rigid spinner fork into the asphalt to a 90 degree. All I need is a replacement fork and headset, re-true the wheel, new axle and I can make the bike as before. One more inch and she wouldn't be here (my wife). It even tweaked the headset. Bike is a '97 Jamis Cross Country. Where can I find a replacement fork? thx

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Well,I,m glad that your wife escaped death. Now as to the bike- my first reaction would be to let the warhorse die an honorable death, and just get a new bike to celebrate the fact that your wife's still here. But if you must repair it, just get a generic fork for your LBS or one of the online places like Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Cycling Gear: Bike Discounts & Deals from Nashbar or Jenson USA - Online mountain & road bike parts, clothing and accessories shop. Of course you'll need a headset as well. If the bike doesn't have a threadless type headset already, now would be a good time to change it over. this will require a new stem in addition to the other parts.