mtbr member

Help with Alligator Super Fortress Cable kit

I bought two sets of these on sale @ pricepoint.com snce it was time for a cable swap.

Here is my little issue: The cable kits come with two types of anodized shield ferrules; just normal basic ones, and ones with a plastic sheath type tip. I'm not 100% sure how to run the ones with the plastic sheath.

Do you just cap the end of the cable housing the standard way with the ferule and let the plastic tip cover part of the cable?? I'm pretty sure this is right, just double checking.

Heres a link to better show the ferrules:
    http://www.alligatorcables.com/home2.htm

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

I use those kits

I use the ferrules with the sheaths at the cable stops on the frame, seems to offer some protection against contaminates getting into the cable housing.
    "What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist."

Charm City Cowboys
    do i need to purchase 2 of these kits for both shifters? I was thinking of trying them out. Easy to install?

Blue Pig
    I used the plastic sheath under the top tube where the cables become open. Seeing as dirt/sand/mud fly up into that area it wouldn't get stuck in the openings. Plus it looks sleek.

Rmanla, If I remember correctly you will need to purchase two sets. One set for shifters and another set for brakes. 2 come in a pack.
    Last edited by Blksocks; 06-16-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.