mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Help, 2bliss tire, I'm Confused.

I recently bought a new bike, and i was out on the trails today when i caught a flat on the rear wheel. Im running a mavic crossline rear rim, but i have "the captain" tire. So i took the tire off and it has a tube inside of it. The tire itself says "2bliss", is this correlated with a tubeless tire? The tube had a small hole in it. So i guess i just need to know is there anything else i need to buy, besides a new tube.

Help, Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The Tire you have "the Captain" is 2bliss ready.... your bike's just running 2bliss ready tires with tubes. no worries here

Buy a good patch kit carry a spare tube in your pak. If you don't have any get a good set of tire levers as well. You'll be fine. Running Tubeless is awesome and I do recommend this option. But its not cheap, clean or easy.... at least it isn't for me. ha (c;

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If your rim is tube-less ready I highly recommend a tubeless set-up. You won't suffer near as many flats and you will be able to ride at lower pressures in your tires - better traction.

I used to suffer at least one or two flats every 2 or 3 weeks on my local trails, almost always from a thorn. I have yet to have a flat in 3 - 4 months since converting to tubeless.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stepitup_onenotch View Post
    If your rim is tube-less ready I highly recommend a tubeless set-up. You won't suffer near as many flats and you will be able to ride at lower pressures in your tires - better traction.

I used to suffer at least one or two flats every 2 or 3 weeks on my local trails, almost always from a thorn. I have yet to have a flat in 3 - 4 months since converting to tubeless.
    I run the Captain as well, and yes as long as you have tubeless ready rims all you need is to get a tubeless valve stem ($9.00 for 2) and some sealant ($16.00 for stans 16oz) I still carry a tube with me in case I cut the side wall, and its a good thing, cause it happend last weekend. But the sealant does work very well.
    Scott "PAPAISH" Daley

usually cranky
    tape that rim and run it tubeless. spec 2bliss tires are super easy to set up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    tape that rim and run it tubeless. spec 2bliss tires are super easy to set up.
    This. Mine were so easy to mount, I could do it with a little sealant (my rims came pre-taped, but with tubes in them) and my floor pump. I've been pretty happy with my 2bliss tires thus far.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    You just need to see if your rims are tubeless ready...many are not. If they are, it's very simple as stated above....tape rim, add sealant, add valve stem, and ride happy. If not, you need to either use a conversion kit (rim strip) or go ghetto. Search is your friend...lots of info here.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

The Original Suspect
    I agree, convert them to tubeless. I run Specialized "2bliss" tires on my ride and they work great!!