mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Hello and BIKES STOLEN!

New to the forum. Wife and I came back to MTB after a long layoff, at least ten years, FSR really didn't work well when we quit. My neck and back just hurt too much. Did road riding and other stuff. Decided to go for a ride this summer and loved the new (to us) technology. I bought a used 2012 Salsa Horsethief and once accustomed to it (previous rides were all hardtails with aftermarket shocks, Fat Chances and C-dales) loved the way I could handle the rock gardens and technical climbs and descents that used to seem a lot tougher. Suspension worked! We're from Northwest Jersey and that's what we typically ride. And my body wasn't so beat up at the end of the day. (We're both in our 60's, fwiw.)
    Wife got a demo Specialized Epic Comp and fell similarly in lust.
    Have had the bikes with us on a few trips to Southeast Florida. Road Markham and Amelia Earhart, both very different from Jersey but great fun.
    We're down here now, staying at my daughter's house in Tamarac. Really nice neighborhood, on a golf course. (I DON"T GOLF!) Our bikes were stolen off our Jeep. They were on a Yakima Holdup and the car was in the driveway. Nice neighborhood, I thought. Oh well, lesson learned.
    Homeowners Insurance Adjusters have already made an offer and we won't be out too much money.
    So, I need to talk about what new/used bike to get. Wife has already ordered a replacement Epic Comp. There's a DW Spearfish 2014 available up in Jersey. But will I like it like I liked my Horsethief?
    Jeff and Carole and Ace the Circus Poodle

mtbr member
    Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the bikes. I despise thieves. Kind of ironic that they jacked your 'Horsethief'.
    Greg

2014 Haro FLC 29 Comp
    2009 Red Line MX-24
    1980 Red Line Pro-Line old-school cool

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Yeah, the irony wasn't lost on me either!