mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Headtube size 32.7mm (1 and 1/4 SAE)

So I am sure that the question has been asked. I now think it is time to get an answer.
    I have a Wallmart bike (Spare the apologies and cynical comments). I is a Hyper Havoc FS. I pulled the 1" threaded headset apart to get measurements.. The inside diameter of the headtube is 32.7mm. Again spare me any criticism. I would like to replace the fork to a SunTour XCM 1" threadless fork. So now to ask the question. Where can I get a headset that works with this headtube? I have a few Ideas.
    If noone has any idea then maybe i can machine my current headset to work with a threadless fork. Or maybe someone might know of headtube adapters that allow for the BMX American standard adapter. Or maybe I can use the my current cups and mix match headsets.

I am sure this has been made to work by someone. I know someone has an actual answer for this that doesn't inquire why!
    I am keeping this bike because it actually fits me perfect and I am very comfortable with it. Also its the only bad ass frame under 550 US Dollars. It has been an ongoing project I have been building for the last 2 years. Aside from my comfort. It rides super smooth and it got me back in to riding. There is a sort of sentimentle value to me with this bike.
    Thats all anyone really needs to know before blasting me on it.

mtbr member
    wouldn't judge someone by what they have or ride, only for what they pretend to or try to show off with
    Seems you have a common bmx size. A bit dated info from the late great Sheldon Brown Servicing Bicycle Headsets that may help

Maybe a bike shop wrench or someone else who's done this will chime in.

Welcome to the site.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I did that on a friends older bike years ago, 1995 maybe, to go threadless and suspension. Bought a Tange 1" threadless for mountain bikes and it was too small for the head tube. Went back and got one for BMX. Had to buy the lower bearing race to fit the fork, but I don't recall if the BMX race was too loose or too tight.. Worked since the bearings were the same.
    It was a while back, and I may not be remembering things right.