mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Headsets: Cane Creek 40 or FSA orbit MX?

Which would you go with and why?

mtbr member
    Cane creek, they invented the Ahead Set.Reliable, affordable.I have been using them as far back as the S2 headset.

Bro Mountainbiker
    I think they are both great options. I have a cc110 and a cc40 and I couldnt be happier.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    i'd go with the cc40, but that's just personal; preference. i have one after having king headsets for years along with a cc110. they are cheap, sealed and look good. i flushed the stock grease and replaced with high quality synthetic grease before i installed because i had heard of people complaining that after 6 months or so the bearings were getting rough. no problems so far.

fas is good alos, i just have little personal experience with them. king still has the best bearings and now are finally using a real compression ring now that they don't have to pay patent fees. i'd rather put the savings somewhere it really matters though. i don't think you can go wrong either way

mtbr member
    I have heard many LBS recommend the FSA so it's probably decent.
    The same LBS tell me the CC110 is da bomb, they like it more.
    The CC40 gets a respectful nod at the LBS but I am not sure if it really trumps the FSA.

Thought CC is an American company, the CC 40 is made in china and has a ball bearing which is coated with a black substance to prevent rust and a 1 year warranty.

The CC 110 is made in America, and has a true stainless steel ball bearing and 110year warranty!

The FSA - I can not tell much about, I don't know where it's made or what materials it has or what the warranty is.

The CC is great, but the FSA is pretty decent, nothing wrong with either that I know of.