mtbr member

Has anyone tried a diamondback insight?

I'm wanting to get a road bike, but I don't want to spend $800 on a full blown road racing bike. I'll use it for some light commuting and exercise when no one wants to ride trails. The reviews seem to be pretty positive on it.

I was looking at them at a local ***** Sporting Goods and it looked pretty cool for such a cheap bike. I may pickup something like that for my fiancÚ also so she isn't stuck riding her POS schwinn.

T.W.O
    They feel really small. It has parts on it for the pricepoint.. You won't find a lighter, well equipped bike for the price. Especially because there is 10% off & no interest on it for 6 months (by signing up for a credit card)

How tall are you and what is your inseam?

Disclaimer: I work for Dick's
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and riding a 19.5" trek 4500 ATM. So I'd probably get the 19" insight.

T.W.O
    Yeah I'd recommend the 19". Many women get the 17" which tells you how small they are lol.
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    I'm going to look into them. I've been wanting to ride road for awhile and that might be my ticket.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pfox90 View Post
    Yeah I'd recommend the 19". Many women get the 17" which tells you how small they are lol.
    There are lots of guys who have inseams that are fitting of that size. Women tend to also have longer legs than torso's...so shorter guys will generally ride at the same standover height as some girls. Then you have the problem though of women being too short for the top tube length, and guys being too long for the top tube length of said bike.

I'd recommend going off standover first, then looking at the rest of the geometry measurements to determine how the rest of the bike will fit. I'd personally sacrifice a little standover for better upper geometry fit. Being able to touch the ground is for sissies.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I haven't actually tried it but it was one of the bikes I considered.

Did you check out the Diamondback Trace too? I'd have to look again but for some reason I changed my mind on the Insight and started to look into the Trace for myself and a Clarity (women's verison of the insight) for my wife.

I'd have to look at the details and bikes again to remember why. I think it might have been because the base version of the Trace has rigid forks, which I originally wanted because they're supposed to be better on the road.

I was looking for a bike that can do it all, including going off road and that might have been another reason why I started to look at the Trace more than the Insight. If you're looking just for a road bike, the Insight might fit what you're looking for.

mtbr member
    I hope the OP figured out what bike to get by now, considering he started this thread over a year ago!