mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Hardtail-MTB.com

Hardtail MTB | Mountain Bikes Store Hardtail MTB | Moutain Bike Store Hardtail MTB | Mountain Bikes StoreHas anyone had any dealings with this company? They seem to have excellent deals on bikes but I cannot find any ratings or any other info on them. Thanks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I KNOW this specific site has been discussed before, and many, Many, MANY others like it.
    Scam
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM and still a SCAM!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Do some reading here and here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No wonder Specialized spends so much policing this crap...

Warrior's Society
    Simple....do a search of the Contact Phone Number that is on the site:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...q=817-027-7201

Look at all the other businesses that are using this same number....all high end products, similar to the SCAM ebay listings: Bikes, cameras, musical instruments, etc. all based out of Singapore....with different addresses.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    how are people even digging these sites up ?

search engines can easily delist these sites...they all use the exact same templates and format

EDIT: ah HA ! apparently this- is- a known fraud-farm.

The [internet appliances we are behind at work] detects this as a fraud site and will not allow any operation with the CART. it works fine from home with my bogus creds but not behind our multi-layer at work. I can surf the entire site but not do cart or checkout operations. I can buy anything on real sites (though should be actually working...ya know)

PS: web fraud is what I do anyway, detecting it by rules or behavior patterns

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

search engines can easily delist these sites...they all use the exact same templates and format

The [internet appliances we are behind at work] detects this as a fraud site and will not allow any operation with the CART. it works fine from home with my bogus creds but not behind our multi-layer at work. I can surf the entire site but not do cart or checkout operations. I can buy anything on real sites (though should be actually working...ya know)

Ads for one of these scam sites were showing up on here and on ebay.

From post #5: rasmtb.com - too good to be true!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

You raise a valid question. Like posted above, MTBR seems to be somewhat "liberal" to the possibilities so here they are.

I also wonder if some of the questions posted are bait. Raise the question, maybe you get 200+ views to the thread, and 1 or 2 of those poor bastards will follow through because of the "great deal".

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    I also wonder if some of the questions posted are bait.
    Occasionally scammers join the forum.

'henrywell' & 'tatianna' are examples of this on the following thread, 'henrywell' had his posts removed but you can see them as quotes in other posts.

INFO. EXPERIENCE with AXARA Cycles?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    Occasionally scammers join the forum.

'henrywell' & 'tatianna' are examples of this on the following thread, 'henrywell' had his posts removed but you can see them as quotes in other posts.

INFO. EXPERIENCE with AXARA Cycles?
    I betcha nailed it...another form of social engineering and 'phish by proxy' (proxy being mtbr post)

Sergeant Spandex
    Shop locally...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks for all the comments. The site keeps popping up at different sites I visit regularly. The first time I opened it, I couldn't believe the prices and I did get suspicious especially since I couldn't find anything on it. I even did a search here and nothing popped up so this is why I asked.

I would love to shop locally but the 3 shops near me have very limited selection. as they cater to the lower priced bikes.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yotaman View Post
    I would love to shop locally but the 3 shops near me have very limited selection. as they cater to the lower priced bikes.
    What do you want and how much do want to spend?

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mountain_bikes.htm

http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Bikes?pg=100

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I am looking at spending around $1000 and would like to get the most bang for my buck. I am just looking now as I probably won't have the money for at least a few more months. I might even wait until Black Friday and see what kind of deals happen.
    I am in no hurry to buy right now.