mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Grips keep slipping!

Greetings,
    I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my OURY grips from slipping on my handlebar. Any suggestions what I can use to get em' to stick better? I've always used hairspray in the past and it (until now) had always worked great. But it's just not happening this time. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by davesbike2
    Greetings,
    I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my OURY grips from slipping on my handlebar. Any suggestions what I can use to get em' to stick better? I've always used hairspray in the past and it (until now) had always worked great. But it's just not happening this time. Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Man you need to break into the current decade. ODI Lock On's once you use them you will never go back.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ps+-+Oury.aspx
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 05-19-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by davesbike2
    Greetings,
    Go to the auto parts store and get a can of 3M Trim Adhesive.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...beQ5D2V4SCM0gl
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

≈ > ♥
    Wrap them with wire, clip it, and tuck the ends into the grip so it doesn't poke your hand.
    When the grips wear out, replace with Oury lock-ons.

pedal pusher
    I've been using Elmer's spray glue for years, never had an issue, and it helps them slip into place very easily.

himom!
    Apr 2006
    3M Super 77 spray adhesive.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Adhesives, hair spray and such are bandaids, bite the bullit and get the Odi lock-ons, as stated; you will not go back.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    I also use Oury glue on style grips. Try a glue called ThreeBond GripLock, it's designed for motorcycles, ATV, watercraft and snowmobiles.

Texan
    Not knowing what some chemicals have on carbon bars I allways used isopropel and never had any grips come loose. It lubricates enough to slip the grip on, dries quick and I think it makes the rubber tacky. But I found out last night that doesnt work on the rough finish of aluminum bars. Guess Ill dig out the lock ons.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    any of your household glues and weather strip adhesive will not effect carbon.
    There are some industrial adhesives that will...but you'd have a hard time getting it and would be dumb to use it...as in...some will melt your grips or you'd never get the grips off.
    Any weatherstrip adhesive from the auto store works great...buy a little tube because you don't need much.