Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: goodbye cycle?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Here is the DEAL......

These guys are HONEST. I have had a wonderful experience with them. The bike market used bike market is soft. Meaning its competitive and time consuming to unload your bike. I have bought and sold many bikes. More so because I can't make up my mind on what I like. Leonard took his time and was very fair with me. Beyond what I would of expected. I like these guys. They have integrity. They are honest. and Gave me a more than fair price for my particular situation. Here is the real answer....... I would use them again. and I have already referred my friends to them..... So lots of PROs for me.......

and they are certainly not CONS. they are honest folks..... they are good guys that cycle and sell bicycles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

What scam artists

Quote Originally Posted by goodbyecycle View Post
    We launched a new website 2 weeks ago. I noticed the same errors you mentioned on the SRAM component options but I had not noticed the misspelling on Campagnolo. Thanks for the heads up! We will get it corrected today.

The people behind the website (Leonard and Paul) are cyclists. But we have to rely on non-cyclist to build our website.

If you ever have any questions or or you just want to talk about bikes, give us a call!

Toll Free 855-201-4225
    I had some troubles in the past with Leonard screwing me over in a deal because he didn't want to pay me the money he said he would. I tried to do business with them a few months later just to find out he is still the same scam artist. Bottom line DO NOT do business with these people because they will tell you they will buy your bike then not get back to you for a month on sending it to them. That way they can "claim' the aren't buying bikes at the time and the deal they set will be void.
    Last edited by bender85; 11-20-2013 at 09:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just thought I'd share my experiences. I've sold to Goodbye on two occasions. Once shortly after they opened and again this month. In both cases I went in anticipating to get a wholesale price on my bike and in both cases ended up getting a little more than I expected. Both of my bikes (Blur XC carbon and a Racer X) were in well taken care of and it excellent condition so there wasn't really anything they could ding me on. I'm in the DFW area so I actually drove out to Granbury to drop off the bike. That made things easier since I didn't have to bother with shipping.

Overall...nice guys, straight forward and easy to deal with. Don't expect to get market value but all things considered (ease and speed of transaction...and not having to mess with morons on ebay or craigslist) I was happy with their offers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    They can have my 09 Rockhopper pro for $150..

mtbr member
    never know this existed. just sent in my info for a quote. gonna read through this thread now... haha

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am in the process of a bad experience with these guys. I am not going to rant and rave but, give a heads up so others know to approach with caution.

1. When you fill out their quote request form the component drop down has a list that starts with "FULL - Component Group XXXXXXX"
    2. Below that it changes to Derailleur XXXXXXXXX -
    The change from FULL to Derailleur driven implies to me that they are expecting mixed components, but are most concerned with the rear derailleur.
    Thus, I filled out the form and indicated my bike had an Ultegra 10 sp rear derailleur, which it does, with other mixed components.

I was pretty excited about the quote I got back, so I accepted the offer and sent my bike to them at my own expense. They transferred the money to me before the bike shipped, but when they received the bike they informed me it was not as they expected and opened a Paypal dispute. I had to send the money back, and they basically demanded I send them more money to ship my bike back to me.

I sent the money back the same day but asked via email if they would consider picking up the return shipping, since their form was confusing. This was five days ago, I emailed the person who asked for the refund and the owner, neither of who have had the courtesy to respond to me, positively or negatively.

Basically, at this point, these guys have my bike hostage and in my view want to screw me out of $100 to ship my bike to them and then back again. Draw your own conclusions, but I think it is a pretty lame way to do business.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

Beware of Goodbye Cycle...

Guys, GBC bases their purchase quotes from the Bicycle Blue Book - which they claim is an "accurate" gauge of market prices, based on documented transactions. It always looks attractive to you - but where they GET you, is in the CONDITION of your bike overall. Don't get greedy and choose them to PayPal you the money for your bike. If they "determine" wear on your bike is higher than expected...they will immediately file a "not as described" claim on PP - meaning they want all or part of their $$$ back. This means if you don't comply......they can deduct 100% of what they paid you directly from your checking account, with one click of the mouse, while still holding your bike hostage. Its an old trick, done to deepen their net discount and further lower their acquisition costs.

I tried to dispute the condition with Leonard, but he wanted $150 back or he was going to reverse the entire deal. This happened after spending nearly $600 with them. If you do choose to deal with them....you are much safer having them send you a check(4-8 days).

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....
    Last edited by Zachariah; 06-11-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    That's why you maintain a pp account not attached to your bank account. Feed it money as needed or if you sell something as soon as the money hits the account, take it out. So if a dispute happens, paypal can only awards them what money, if any, is in the account. No money, no award. I learned this the hard way when I bought something and the guy didn't ship it. I filed a claim and won and pp refunded me like $6 of $80 that I gave the guy for the item I bought. I inquired and was told that was all that was in the account so that's all they could give me. Sometimes you have to fight shady with shady.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So unfortunately, my situation is over. I paid shipping to get it to them and they held my bike hostage until I paid to ship it back even though I asked the owner to share some of the shipping with me based on what I saw as a reasonable request. I see some others have had positive experiences with them, but be warned. If your transaction doesn't go exactly how THEY see fit they will screw you. The employee quoted policy is to protect themselves and make sure the customer is left holding the bag. If you are confident your bike is EXACTLY as quoted, give it a shot, otherwise STAY AWAY.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Nathan, I am sorry for any misunderstanding. From my perspective, you told us your bike had Ultegra components and it did not. It's think it is that simple. We paid to ship the bike to us based on what you told us, it was wrong. So we asked you to pay to ship it back. I think that is fair. And by the way, it was $50 you paid for return ship, not 100 as you stated earlier.

I hope you found a new home for your bike. We try hard to be fair to everyone and if we failed to be fair in anyway, I apologize.

mtbr member
    I actually sold GBC a high end bike a couple of years ago. Everything went well and I got what I wanted for the bike. It was a bit lower than what I could have probably sold it on my own but it was way easier so worth the small loss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3