mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Gnar Bar handlebar

The Gnar Bar is a brand new MTB handlebar that has a curve that fits into palm of your hand. The bar has a more natural and comfortable feel giving you more control with less effort. This allows you to steer your bike at high speeds without a "death grip" on the bars. The curve allows you to push into turns and pull out of them easier, and with much more leverage. That added leverage is also great when your out of the saddle powering up a climb, or getting up to speed for a jump. Check them out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Rippin' these bars!

Yeah man, I've been ridin' these bars for awhile now, and they've been great!. I'm a bit biased, but I've also been riding for a long time, and have a good feeling for what works and what doesn't. I rally the **** out of berms, turns, and jumps. Lots of leverage, comfy feel while in the saddle, and I know it ain't gonna snap on me!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i'd be willing to try them BUT they are a little wide for me and i wouldn't be able to put ergon grips on them. i can't give up the ergons.
    -Kyle

www.ByeKyle.com
    Simple Strap

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    yeah, no egons, but the curve that sits in the palm of your hand is itself ergonomic. WTB makes some good lock on grips that are compatible. Name:  Gnar_Bar_vs_Straigt barSM.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  GnarBarPalmSM.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  114.1 KB

mtbr member
    What is old is new again. Anyone remember the Profile BMX bars? I loved those!

I wonder how hard I have to push to bend my carbon bars.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donmeredith74
    What is old is new again. Anyone remember the Profile BMX bars? I loved those!

I wonder how hard I have to push to bend my carbon bars.
    I think you are referring to Powerlite BMX bars, they were nice as were ROOX MTB bars which had the same idea.
    These bars are interesting...

mtbr member
    Apologies... you're right Powerlite. Its been awhile. I still have a set on my Cycle Craft.

Welsh Dave
    Jul 2005
    Yeah, "Powerlite" BMX bars: That's the first thing I thought of when I saw these.
    But the idea works, so why not.
    Might have to get a pair. Thanks for posting the info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dave
    Yeah, "Powerlite" BMX bars: That's the first thing I thought of when I saw these.
    But the idea works, so why not.
    Might have to get a pair. Thanks for posting the info.
    right on Dave! I ran the Powerlite bars on my BMX bike when I was a kid, so when Sully showed me his prototype bar a year and a half ago I was eager to give it a shot. I have been putting the miles in with this bar on both my 29'er single speed and my 6" All Mountain bike. I'm loving the Gnar Bar. The extra leverage, comfort and control is really noticable. Finished up today's ride with Lower Whoops, which is a mile and half of bank turns, tables and doubles. I was really able to pop the bike easier.

give 'em a try, I think you'll really dig it.

go to spbicycles.com

-Marc