Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gloves -- fit

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dirt farmer 
#1 ·
So, entirely hypothetical situation. Your hands are between two sizes of gloves, and you need new ones. You like Pearl Izumis, but you're looking to try half-finger gloves, as opposed to the full fingers that are now worn beyond belief.

Would you rather have gloves that fit a bit loose, or a bit tight?

#3 ·
I know, I know, I know, but I want the Pearl Izumis.... :D Besides, they're like the only gloves that the shop stocks that are even remotely in my size. It actually isn't a case of upgradeitis this time, my old gloves are coming apart at the seams.

#8 ·
Why so particular about the brand anyway?
Well, no particular reason in particular. I have PI now and I like them, and my bikes are such low-quality in the eyes of most that I'd prefer to bling up somewhere without too much money. And I have PI arm warmers, so it makes me feel more like I'm sponsored. :thumbsup: I've got a bit of a vain streak. Not enough to make me ditch the baggy gym shorts on road rides, but the vanity is definitely there.
Besides, PI is pretty much the only brand in stock at the shop right now. And I like to actually buy this stuff in person, to try it on and stuff, you know?

#9 ·
I'd try to find a shop that stocks something that fits. I'd even go for gloves that are not biking-specific if that is what fits.

I've been using a brand and model that fits like a glove. They have not got loose in a couple of years of use.

#10 ·
I've been using a brand and model that fits like a glove.
:madman: I hope for your sake that was unintentional. There are plenty of bike shops in SF, but I hate driving in the city. Public transport is just as bad. And neither of the LBS in town carries, well, anything. So I kinda just stick with REI for in-store purchases. And their return policy rocks.

#12 ·
Go smaller. not only will they stretch a bit, but bigger is not good. Nothing worse on a long ride than gloves that bunch on the palms.
Are you talking about these? Because I love them. Very comfortable, and they've lasted longer than any other glove I've owned. The mesh has worn through in one place, but a dab of superglue fixed that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.