mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Giant Trance XO question on the aluminum finish, Preparing to polish my Trance.

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here has any direct experience with the Trance XO preferably the years 2008 to 2010.

In the photos I have seen it looks like the downtube logo and graphics are
    just another texture in the polished aluminum. I was wondering if they are maybe brushed or lightly shot blasted instead of polished like the rest of the frame. Or are they actually vinyl graphics?

I am getting ready to strip my olive green Trance X1. I thought about polishing the majority of the aluminum and then accenting with brushed or blasting. I really like the looks of the 2009 Trance XO frames and would like to recreate that look.

Thanks for the help!Google Image Result for http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/xxl/2009/Trance-X0-Grey-Ano.jpg

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    That silver, almost chrome is outstanding. I bought an 08 X3 frame only in black, similar look but in black. I know it's subjective, but I much prefer the look of the older frames with the slanted top tube. The newer stuff looks old school, & really awful teamed up with 29er wheels.