Thread: Full wool bibs?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Full wool bibs?

Any of you ever seen any bib shorts that are totally wool? I've seen the Ibex, but they have a plastic fabric crotch.

I haven't. I haven't really searched for something like that either. I'm guessing they may not make full wool bibs for a reason.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

pin it
    Wool makes me itchy... wool bibs would be absolute torture for me!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    cyclelicious, I don't recommend you try it if you're actually allergic to wool, but Merino wool tends to be smoother than 'classic' wool, and doesn't itch as much. To be completely honest, how it is spun affects itch much more than what kind of wool it is.

And no, nobody makes bibs entirely out of wool. The chamois would be made of either foam of some sort, or if you managed to find some fantastic throwback, leather (ever wonder where the term chamois came from, btw? that's it.).

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    cyclelicious, I don't recommend you try it if you're actually allergic to wool, but Merino wool tends to be smoother than 'classic' wool, and doesn't itch as much. To be completely honest, how it is spun affects itch much more than what kind of wool it is.

And no, nobody makes bibs entirely out of wool. The chamois would be made of either foam of some sort, or if you managed to find some fantastic throwback, leather (ever wonder where the term chamois came from, btw? that's it.).
    I think my skin is sensitive to coarser wool fabrics and it s not allergic. Merino is softer (its used for baby clothes!) I should probably give it a try for jerseys because I have heard so many good things about it,

Chamois is a goat!. I love goats too much and I couldn't use a real chamois

F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies