mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Fudging time atac xs cleats in spd pedal

Just curious if any of you have tried this or been able to do it. Basically I want to use Time atac xs cleats in a cheap spd compatible pedal, doesn't really need to work that great just click in/out.

I don't actually want to do any real riding like this per se, it's just in my spin class they use these 'durapedal's that are spd compatible, and I don't want to have to get a dedicated shoe/cleat combo for the class (I use time atac on all my bikes).

If the time cleats can more or less be shoved in and stay in, that'll work. They do have toe clips on the other side but ugh rather buy another set of shoes.

thanks for feedback

mtbr member
    Dont do it - I would be worried about getting an odd wear pattern on your time cleats that will make them do strange things with your time pedals when it comes time to actually ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Maybe you could change pedals before class,couldn't hurt to ask.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jetty32 View Post
    Just curious if any of you have tried this or been able to do it. Basically I want to use Time atac xs cleats in a cheap spd compatible pedal, doesn't really need to work that great just click in/out.

I don't actually want to do any real riding like this per se, it's just in my spin class they use these 'durapedal's that are spd compatible, and I don't want to have to get a dedicated shoe/cleat combo for the class (I use time atac on all my bikes).

If the time cleats can more or less be shoved in and stay in, that'll work. They do have toe clips on the other side but ugh rather buy another set of shoes.

thanks for feedback
    The cleats are not even close to being interchangeable. No way, no how.

Bring your pedals and a wrench and swap them.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    okay yeh maybe I can swap them out makes sense, thanks guys