Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shortcutting Hikabiker

FSCK! I got reclaimed water on my eyes, face and mouth!!!

So I step outside my house to clean one of my air filters with the nearby hose that is typically used for watering plants and such. It is powered by reclaimed water. I think nothing of it and go about my bi-monthly business of cleaning the filter. (I use my thumb to strengthen the stream, it's quite effective on the air filters).

Anyway.

It's been kinda windy lately - the other day we had 50 mph gusts of wind...

Well...

As I was spraying, a wind gust turns backwards and propels water (MORE THAN JUST A MIST... IM TALKING RAINDROP SIZED WATER DROPLETS) backwards in my direction. The water impacts my face. Naturally I am stunned. I just got reclaimed water IN my mouth and eyes. One of my eyes was kinda turned away so it was unaffected. But the otherone feels weird now. I guess maybe it's just because of foreign water... I hope my eye isn't reacting to something specific to reclaimed water.

I don't know what to do. I have that distinctive psuedo-sewer smell of reclaimed water all over me.

Are you talking to me?

Call a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    So I step outside my house to clean one of my air filters with the nearby hose that is typically used for watering plants and such. It is powered by reclaimed water. I think nothing of it and go about my bi-monthly business of cleaning the filter. (I use my thumb to strengthen the stream, it's quite effective on the air filters).

Anyway.

Well...

As I was spraying, a wind gust turns backwards and propels water (MORE THAN JUST A MIST... IM TALKING RAINDROP SIZED WATER DROPLETS) backwards in my direction. The water impacts my face. Naturally I am stunned. I just got reclaimed water IN my mouth and eyes. One of my eyes was kinda turned away so it was unaffected. But the otherone feels weird now. I guess maybe it's just because of foreign water... I hope my eye isn't reacting to something specific to reclaimed water.

I don't know what to do. I have that distinctive psuedo-sewer smell of reclaimed water all over me.

How do you type the sound of someone gagging? Boy, am I glad I do not have to worry about that one. Have any antibiotics laying around? Have you rinsed your eyes with saline solution or good water?
    gfy

Gittyup!
    Just flush your eyes out w/ some rubbing alcohol... that should do the trick

On that note... I was visiting my home town in northern Maine last year and was hanging out w/ an old friend who owns a plumbing/heating business there. He took me out in his "honey truck" to pump out a sewer, then went to the "disposal field" where they spread the stuff afterwords. There was not enough soap and water in this world to get me clean after that trip.

Anyway.

Well...

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by SLinBend
    Just flush your eyes out w/ some rubbing alcohol... that should do the trick

On that note... I was visiting my home town in northern Maine last year and was hanging out w/ an old friend who owns a plumbing/heating business there. He took me out in his "honey truck" to pump out a sewer, then went to the "disposal field" where they spread the stuff afterwords. There was not enough soap and water in this world to get me clean after that trip.
    HA HA HA, that story reminds me of last 4th of July, when my buddy got the great idea of dropping an M-1000 into a well used out house. Two mistakes. 1) thinking that maybe it's fuse did'nt stay lit and looking back..well, it stayed lit. 2) walking away not running like hell. After an afternoon of drinking, he left the house to go to a construction site where we knew one would be, a couple minutes later, we hear BOOM. He comes back a few minutes later with blue stuff all over his shoes and the back of his legs and shorts He threw out the shoes and washed his legs off, personally I would have opted for amputation !

mtbr member
    dunno where you live but I did a report in college re "reclaimed water" in the city of Irvine (socal) as there was a big protest about reintroducing the water back into the newport beach harbor. People just plain didnt want that sewer water in the bay. Turns out that after 3 independant geo/hydro studies showed that the reclaimed water was 5 times cleaner than the harbor water and 2 times cleaner than the tap water.

I wouldnt be freaking out too bad.

wyane

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Now my right eye has swollen really big and it's burning like a mother ****er.

I put the alcohol in but it just stung like hell.

Now what?

I live in the Love Canal area of Niagra if that matters, but I don't know why it would.

mtbr member
    Hhmm, I'd say turn off the computer and head to an emergency room. But that's just me.

Dax
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you didn't realy put rubbing alcohol in your eye did you?????????

mtbr member
    Dont use alcohal, or any disinfectant. Go to the ER or urgent care, have someone take you and if you have saline handy, such for contacts, start flushing your eye w/it on your way there.

wayne

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Well I thought the alcohol would kill the germs so I splashed some into my eye, now its all bloodshot and swollen. It really hurts too and my vision is kind of blurry. Is that bad?

Are you talking to me?

Is it April 1st all of a sudden?

Well I thought the alcohol would kill the germs so I splashed some into my eye, now its all bloodshot and swollen. It really hurts too and my vision is kind of blurry. Is that bad?

You are joking, right? Jokes are cool and all, but I am starting to worry for you. Do you want someone to call you a LifeFlight?
    gfy

ballbuster

reminds me of another story, this one is nasty

This guy I worked with used to play backup keybaords for this band.

He was touring around the country with two other guys, who kept playing f- ar t games with each other, like seeing who can lay the nastiest mushroom clouds nearest to the other guy in the most enclosed places.

So one day, one of the guys drops trou, bends over to rip one in the other guys face while he was asleep on the tour bus. Let's say it was a little more than gasseous.

He left an 'silloette' on the pillow.

EEEeeeeewwww!

Dax
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    DUDE!

The guy who recomended alcohol was joking. If you seriously put rubbing alcohol in your eye, you should go to the ER. Like, what were you expecting?

Shortcutting Hikabiker

New question here.

Well now I am in a pickle.

My eye has swollen shut and the surrounding tissue has turned a redish purple color. Why would someone say to put rubbing alcohol into your eye when it really isn't good for you but it hurts you? What kind of person is that mean?

On a more positive note, it seems that the alcohol has caused a chemical reaction in which my contact has fused to my eye. Yes, it seems like it isn't there when I try to take it off but I can still see out of that eye so it is there! It seems kinda like a cheap alternative to laser eye surgery.

Last night I woke up with some stomach convulsions too, do you think that might be caused by the water or the Taco Bell I had for dinner?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Why would someone say to put rubbing alcohol into your eye when it really isn't good for you but it hurts you? What kind of person is that mean?

You should be smart enough NOT to put alcohol in your eye just from common sense, despite what anyone says.

Keep rollin'

Dammit people! I'm reading this at work, and I am holding in my laughter as best possible. I don't want to stop reading the forum, but I don't wanna get in trouble. I do like stupid humor.

...iC...
    ---What good is a man who won't take a stand?---

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentCriminal
    Dammit people! I'm reading this at work, and I am holding in my laughter as best possible. I don't want to stop reading the forum, but I don't wanna get in trouble. I do like stupid humor.

...iC...
    Is my pain funny to you sir?

I tried to scrape my contact off and it tore in half. Now I can't get the other half offf and it hurts like hell. Come to think of it my ears are also starting to hurt a little. Could it be an ear infection? Maybe I sould drop some alcohol in there too.

I'm so confused

Keep rollin'
    Is my pain funny to you sir?

I tried to scrape my contact off and it tore in half. Now I can't get the other half offf and it hurts like hell. Come to think of it my ears are also starting to hurt a little. Could it be an ear infection? Maybe I sould drop some alcohol in there too.

I'm so confused
    Yes, your pain is fairly humorous. But what we really want to know is...Is it difficult to see with only half a contact in? About the ears...I would cut them off "a la" Resevoir Dogs. Bingo, no more ear problems....except maybe the excessive bleeding. I would suggest cautorizing(sp?) the wound with a propane blow torch. Be well my friend!

...iC...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The humorous part to me is that you are still here posting away when you should be on your way to the doctor or hospital. at least your loyal to the forum

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentCriminal
    Yes, your pain is fairly humorous. But what we really want to know is...Is it difficult to see with only half a contact in? About the ears...I would cut them off "a la" Resevoir Dogs. Bingo, no more ear problems....except maybe the excessive bleeding. I would suggest cautorizing(sp?) the wound with a propane blow torch. Be well my friend!

...iC...
    Yes, it is diffeicult to see with half a contact in and the other half is now a mulilated cornea. I used all of my rubbing alcohol in my eyes and when I initally used it as mouthwash, so I poured a little beer into my ear. The only thing that does is rhyme, and make your ear sticky.

I don't know about amputating my ear though, it sounds like I might get an infection, which is the whole reason I'm in this ordeal. Other than that I would probably take your advise

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    This is so stupid.

Acme is someone with such vast knowledge that I know I'll miss something from blocking him.
    Come on Steve, you know you didn't really block me

Keep rollin'
    LOL, you're right.

But the joke was pretty stupid.
    Stupid? Yes, but when you're sitting here estimating residential houses all day, it helps break up the day.

Thanks for the ignorance!

...iC...

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    LOL, you're right.

But the joke was pretty stupid.
    I knew it, hahaha

Come on guys, if anyone is stupid enough to wash out thier eyes with rubbing alcohol they have far more issues than that!

That's why I have now developed a full body rash, possibly from the reclaimed water.

Ameobas?

mtbr member

this thread was too funny

I thought it was a joke until the taco bell comment. Anyone with serious eye injury would at least go to a real Mexican restaurant

mtbr member

Well, at least you weren't any of these people...

TRUE EMERGENCY VISITS

INNER SKELETON:
    A 63 year old widow was admitted to the hospital in Recife, Brazil, suffering abdominal pains. X-rays showed that she was carrying a 20 inch long skeleton of a fetus which she conceived a decade earlier. It had become lodged outside the womb and was never expelled from her body.

FEMALE SOFA:
    A 500lb. (227Kg, or 35.5 stone!!!) woman from Illinois was examined in a hospital. During the examination, an asthma inhaler fell from under her armpit, a dime was found under one of her breasts and a remote control was found lodged between the folds of her vulva.

PRICKLY PAIR.... OUCH!
    In Michigan, a man came into the ER with lacerations to his penis. He complained that his wife had "... a rat in her privates..." and it had bitten him during sex (not the first conclusion I would have drawn I don't think).*After an examination of his wife, it was revealed that she had a surgical needle left inside her after a recent hysterectomy.

PING PONG ANYONE?
    A 20 year old man came into the ER with a stony mass in his rectum. He said that he and his boyfriend were fooling around with a concrete mix, then his boyfriend had the idea of pouring the mix into his anus using a funnel (as you do?!!). The concrete then hardened (no ****!), causing constipation and pain.* Under general anesthesia a perfect concrete cast of the man's rectum was removed along with it a ping pong ball.

BLIND DRUNK:
    A drunk staggered into a Pennsylvania ER complaining of severe pain while trying to remove his contact lenses. He said that they would come out halfway, but they always popped back in.* A nurse tried to help using a suction pump, but without success.* Finally, a doctor examined him and discovered the man did not have his contact lenses in at all.* He had been trying to rip out the membrane of his cornea.

OUCH AND DOUBLE OUCH:
    A couple hobbled into a Washington State emergency room covered in bloody restaurant towels. The man had his hand on his abdomen and the woman had hers around her head. They eventually explained to doctors that they had gone out that evening for a romantic dinner.* Overcome with passion, the woman crept under the table to administer oral sex to the man (Classy or what??). While in the act, she had an epileptic fit, which caused her to clamp down on the man's penis and wrench it from side to side. In agony and desperation, the man grabbed a fork and stabbed her in the head until she let go.

got this in an email yesterday!

James
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail.
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying
    "Damn... we fcuked up!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast