Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Freeride build kits

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  FoShizzle 
#1 ·
I am going to buy a Titan frame by Soul Cycles (www.ridesoul.com) and i need componets!!!!! Does anyone know of a good site to purchase a build kit from? I dont want to spend more that like 700 dollars. Thanks

#2 ·
possible build kit option

pntballpunk51 said:
I am going to buy a Titan frame by Soul Cycles (www.ridesoul.com) and i need componets!!!!! Does anyone know of a good site to purchase a build kit from? I dont want to spend more that like 700 dollars. Thanks
You may want to check wheelworld. They have been known to essentially strip some Konas and sell the parts (often the fork) as a build kit. $700 wont get you much in the way of a freeride kit I would imagine and if it does get you anything with the label "freeride", you can count on some really heavy lower-end parts, unless you get real lucky. I cant recall all the places right now that have actual "freeride oriented" build kits but definitely check wheelworld and go-ride.com. The guys at go-ride are top notch, especially in terms of freeride and downhill expertise. However, dont expect much for $700. If I can find the other site(s) that sell freeride build kits I will let you know. If you want to check out a great site (my favorite for build kits), look up bikesource.com. They have a whole bunch of really solid well priced build kits, some of which will meet the $700 mark I believe but will not be freeride so to speak.

Cheers

#3 ·
FoShizzle said:
You may want to check wheelworld. They have been known to essentially strip some Konas and sell the parts (often the fork) as a build kit. $700 wont get you much in the way of a freeride kit I would imagine and if it does get you anything with the label "freeride", you can count on some really heavy lower-end parts, unless you get real lucky. I cant recall all the places right now that have actual "freeride oriented" build kits but definitely check wheelworld and go-ride.com. The guys at go-ride are top notch, especially in terms of freeride and downhill expertise. However, dont expect much for $700. If I can find the other site(s) that sell freeride build kits I will let you know. If you want to check out a great site (my favorite for build kits), look up bikesource.com. They have a whole bunch of really solid well priced build kits, some of which will meet the $700 mark I believe but will not be freeride so to speak.

Cheers
omg thank you SWEET DEALL CHECK THIS OUT http://wheelworld.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2677&Catalog=39&sort=Price

thanksss!!

#4 ·
found it!

FoShizzle said:

Cheers
I knew I had at one point seen something that would help you and I found it.....

This is actually labeled as the "2004 Freeride build kit" and is $689, so it meets your critiera extremely well. Still check wheelworld and bikesource but figured I would let you know....

Have fun.

Cheers

http://216.119.92.126/Merchant2/mer...KITBC3030&Category_Code=BUILD&Product_Count=1

#5 ·
Glad I could help but call them ....

pntballpunk51 said:
Sweet deal for sure!! That is definitely better than the other one I just sent you. However, call wheelworld tomorrow and make sure they actually have the kit. Dont rely on the internet. I know they are not, or at least did not used to be, that great at keeping the website up to date on actual available inventory. They have 2 stores so make sure you have them check both stores for the kit.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.