mtbr member

Frame Geometry/Body type

So I have wondered what a decent frame is for body types like my own. I have shorter legs and longer arms (like a monkey!). See my prof pic is you are really interested (ladies in the Wy/Co area PM me to schedule dates). I have adjusted my neck to make the best fit but I am wondering if there are any recommendations for a good frame/bike setup for people who dont have mile long legs.
    I love my Stumpjumper FSR comp but I feel like it I am sitting too up right in it and the bike is long. Makes getting around switchbacks tough. I am kind of in the grey area between Specialized M and L and 17.5 and 19 in frames. Just curious. I am splitting hairs here, but when I do buy a new bike, I want it to be the best possible fit for me. I think an adjustable seat post would help some of this but perhaps there is a better frame option for me out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Get a proper bike fit. You probably can still use whatever you're riding, but stem, stem height, stem rise, handlebar, handlebar width and rise, crank length, seat, seat fore and aft, seat post height, seat post set back, pedal spindle length, brake lever reach and angle, etc. all play part in this. If you have an unaverage body type, you probably can use a good fitting. All of these variables would be a better bet than trying to find a frame. You can get a good frame, but if you don't have your component adjustments sorted out, it will still be a bad fit.

mtbr member
    Yep, agreed^^, althou different companies geo varies, as well as different classes, like AM, XC, etc. Best bet is to do like Dion said and get fitted, and test ride a bunch of different bikes.
    Round and round we go