Zig
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New question here. Fox High Frequency Shorts - Good/Bad and Sizing?

How do these shorts work for long XC/trail rides? Is the material quiet when pedaling? I have a 36 size waste, Fox sizing table suggests size large. All my other shorts (non Fox) are XL's. Anyone have experience with sizing for these shorts?

Thanks

mtbr member
    The shorts are a bit loud compared to my Nema crown Jewels but I love the higher back and the belt waist straps vs the pull strings on the Nema's. I have 38" waist and use the XL and have to pull a little on the waist straps to get them tight.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    How do these shorts work for long XC/trail rides? Is the material quiet when pedaling? I have a 36 size waste, Fox sizing table suggests size large. All my other shorts (non Fox) are XL's. Anyone have experience with sizing for these shorts?

Thanks
    They seem to run a bit small. All my other shorts (including Fox Mid-Rangers) are size large and fit fine but my size large High Frequencys are a little snug. The material is quiet when pedaling though...no "swoosh, swish, swoosh" bs, I hate dat.

I like them but if I were to get another pair, I'd get XL.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko
    They seem to run a bit small. All my other shorts (including Fox Mid-Rangers) are size large and fit fine but my size large High Frequencys are a little snug. The material is quiet when pedaling though...no "swoosh, swish, swoosh" bs, I hate dat.

I like them but if I were to get another pair, I'd get XL.
    I second the XL suggestion. I like mine. Very comfy on the epics!
    Another day in paradise!

That's my name
    Anyone have experience with sizing for these shorts?
    Thanks

Yeah the sizing is a bit odd, i am size 32 waist and the medium size was quite small.
    I think the main problem is the lycra underneath, it sits quite low in the groin and can be kind of uncomfortable at first, but once i got used to them they were fine.
    Definitely try on before you buy and in your case put on the XL first.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    32 waist here and wear a Medium fox high frequency shorts. It fits me pretty well and I love it for epic XC/trail rides. I'd go with the L and try to loose some weight riding hard if I were you.

Thanks

My dog rules!!!
    I love mine but don't have much to compare to, my first "real" mtb shorts. 32" waist and wearing mediums. Fit okay although a large probably would be fine also. Being a 36" you should go with the XL.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I like mine, they are quiet and comfortable with a nice chamois. I think they may be a bit warm in mid summer but the vents seemed to work when I rode in Phoenix last weekend. I got mine cheap on the closeout section of the Fox site a few weeks ago.

As to size I am a 34 waist but usually like my short in a size large. These larges fit me well and I only took about an inch total out with the side adjusters. If you are a true 36 I'd recommend the XL.
    Art