Mulleticious

Which flexi carbon seatpost? Niner RDO vs Cannondale SAVE vs Syntace P6 Hiflex

Looking for a decent lightweight seatpost to take the edge off the ride of my SS rigid 29er build.

The Niner RDO unstiff carbon, Syntace P6 Hiflex and the Cannondale SAVE Flash carbon seatposts claim to have vibration reducing characteristics.

I'm not looking for a suspension seatpost - just one to absorb some vibration and take the edge off the sharp unexpected hits.

Do these seatposts all flex by the same amount?

Any advice welcome
    Last edited by BigwheelsRbest; 05-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Same boat. Planning to buy one ASAP. Anyone have input?

mtbr member
    I considered both the Niner and Syntace. Went with the Syntace because I found it for $25 less than the Niner. It is excellent and does indeed take the edge off. In fact, if I get into to high a cadence too quickly it can bob. I've never seen anythng more than estimates of movement size in reviews for the Syntace. The Niner is reported to flex .8 cm. Both are offered in two sizes and I'm guessing the skinnier one will flex more. In any case, I believe they're pretty comparable and that you won't go wrong with either. I know nothing about the Cannondale.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I put RDO post on my hardtail and it made a huge difference. Changed out my seat for a koobi with Ti rails the same day so hard to tell how much is the post. Youtube has an impressive video of RDO's flex.

Mulleticious
    I went with the Syntace in the end, which is excellent so far. Expensive though...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Love my Syntace but haven't tried the others. Definitely noticeable vs. the aluminum one I had on there.

mtbr member
    Subbing. I'm in the same spot

mtbr member
    Hmm. Kinda old but I found this doing a search From the pages of Velo: Getting the most from your post - VeloNews.com

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I have the syntace and its one of the better part purchases ive ever made. The Niner and the syntace are supposedly the same post, but the clamps are different. The syntace clamp has longer rail perches for more support. And they have a better warranty.

Mulleticious
    Still lovin' the Syntace - it's durable as well as comfortable

mtbr member
    Had the Niner for a year and LOVE it...one of the best things I have bought for my bike.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Where are you guys buying the Syntace?

Looking at the German online stores, its $250-ish. But there are several options on eBay for $140-ish. Most the sellers are in Taiwan or China so I'm a tad worried that they could be clones.

I'm considering this in 34.9 for my Scott hardtail. Between this post and the skinny carbon seat stays, I'll have a long-travel hardtail, right?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post

Looking at the German online stores, its $250-ish. But there are several options on eBay for $140-ish. Most the sellers are in Taiwan or China so I'm a tad worried that they could be clones.

I'm considering this in 34.9 for my Scott hardtail. Between this post and the skinny carbon seat stays, I'll have a long-travel hardtail, right?
    Yep, it'll ride like a 6" duallie... or not I got mine on ebay I think from a local seller (US) seller, slightly used. Tough call about the clones... if someone has a good rep on ebay and has sold a few already, that might be a reasonable indicator.

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post

Got mine from bikediscount.de - German online retailer