mtbr member

Finally finished my upgrades!

So, I've been working on upgrading my bike over the past couple years, and I'm finally at a point where I feel like the bike is "done". Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen

Anyhow, here's the original configuration of my bike:

And here's the final build:

I originally started by swapping out the pedals with the FireEye platforms, which is how I caught the upgrade bug. Then I had it converted to 1 x 9, and finally I had the suspension, wheels and brakes swapped out. The stock configuration of the bike was somewhere around 35 lbs, and in its current state it's slightly over 27 lbs. We've had nothing but solid rain every day since I've gotten it back from the shop, so I haven't been able to ride it yet. I'm itching to hit the trails with it, but it's still raining and the forecast doesn't look any better So, I'm posting pictures on MTBR instead, haha!

mtbr member
    Nice!

I also just upgraded to that easton xc wheelset, and I am happy with it so far.

mtbr member
    wow an 7-8lb diet? thats a heap of stuff either removed / reduced. sure hope you enjoy the ride once your able.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzy View Post
    Nice!

I also just upgraded to that easton xc wheelset, and I am happy with it so far.
    Good deal man, I'm glad to hear some positive feedback about them. I bought them on a whim during a PricePoint sale, but I couldn't find any information about them on Easton's own site.

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    wow an 7-8lb diet? thats a heap of stuff either removed / reduced. sure hope you enjoy the ride once your able.
    Yeah, most of that weight was shredded by replacing the stock wheels and fork. The cheap stock components that came on the bike were pretty heavy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UtherLazarus View Post
    Good deal man, I'm glad to hear some positive feedback about them. I bought them on a whim during a PricePoint sale, but I couldn't find any information about them on Easton's own site.

Yeah, most of that weight was shredded by replacing the stock wheels and fork. The cheap stock components that came on the bike were pretty heavy.
    I was in the same situation, I needed to upgrade and they seemed like a great price, my only problem is that pricepoint has a photo of them as the xc90. But I just had my first few rides on them and they seem faster than my previous set, about 400g difference. My only concern is the durability for the future.