mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then $100

I currently have a Emerson 720p action cam which I bought for 30 bucks....and its pretty much crap.

I subscribe to a youtube channel which does a lot of camera reviews and his recent video has fit my bill and probably several others.

Video:
    The best action camera under $100. The SJ1000 budget 1080p multi-purpose waterproof action cam. - YouTube

Purchase Location:
    12m 1080p waterproof diving bike helmet car mini | eBay

Full write up:
    Techmoan - Techmoan - SJ1000 - At last...a good cheap action camera*

mtbr member
    Very cool!

mtbr member
    I'm also interested in these cheap chinese action cameras. It is starting to become an interesting area. SJ1000 and the Mobius (pre-release state as of yet) are very interesting indeed. What I want to see is the SJ 1000 in action on a MTB with its stock bike mounter. If anyone finds one, please share!

OP: do you mind, if I also post some Mobius ones? Its firmware is still in development, but there are a few good videos already. Also, no one is selling as of yet, because the developer dont want people to get a pre-release model... It will cost around 80$.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Re: Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then $100

Thanks for info on Mobius. I like the shape of it so will wait till i decide. Maybe contour will drop the price by than

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post

OP: do you mind, if I also post some Mobius ones? Its firmware is still in development, but there are a few good videos already. Also, no one is selling as of yet, because the developer dont want people to get a pre-release model... It will cost around 80$.
    feel free to post any good finds.

mtbr member

Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then $100

Just a quick update: I've ordered the mobius at 60$ with international free shipping from one of two verified sellers: eletoponline365

I've also ordered a helmet mount as I normally don't like that ball junction system. They do work, but the ones that do cost a bit more than these ones being sold...

Also worth mentioning: the sj1000 is looking good but lots of owners are frustrated with the included mounting systems. The mobius might perform better in this field.
    Also, the mobius is still missing a proper water and dustproof protective case.

Will post more info on the mount Ive ordered once I get home.

Gotta pay to play
    Awesome. Let us know please.

mtbr member
    Ok, so here is the mount holder: Helmet Fixed Mount for HD Mini DVR 808 Camera 11 18 26 DR32 Recorder Cam | eBay

Please not that there is a special "socket" underneath that 808 camera in that photo. The Mobius has hits own socket for a standard tripod screw, so any other mount holder using this system should work.

DFMBA.org

Another cam option <$100 (pics)

My lovely wife bought me a Mobius HD for Christmas from Amazon and I was racking my brain about how best to mount it to my Kali Amara helmet. The Amara comes with an integrated mounting rail and some assorted attachments, one of which is a 'GoPro'-style clip. The Mobius HD came with a half-case that the camera slides/clips into, with a 1/4" threaded mount on the bottom. Anyway, this solution will work with other helmets assuming you can find an appropriate GoPro-type mount. I purchased the pictured tripod connector off of eBay for about $5.

This solution works really well and it's adjustable via a screw. Also digging the Mobius HD; the clarity is really good for $85. Oh, for you weight weenies out there, the Mobius HD only weighs 44g, 72g including the mount

Name:  mount.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  15.7 KB

Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then 0-imag0696_1.jpg

Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then 0-imag0697_1.jpg

Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then 0-imag0699_1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally a decent 1080p Action cam for less then 0-imag0698_1.jpg  

Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.