Thread: Fetish Cycles?

mtbr member

New question here. Fetish Cycles?

Anyone here own one of their frames? They seem inexpensive on Ebay, but much more expensive from their site.

Is this an American built frame?

How is the quality of the frame. I am interested in their frame (the ebay price) but am concerned about the quality of the frame.

If you can speak from personal experience it would be greatly appreciated.

I've read on this site that someone experienced a long delay in a shipment of a frame, but not as to the quality of the frame.

Thank you much!

Otto!

It's not what you think.

I have the Discipline

and got it off ebay. I use it as a single speed and it rides fine. Very very rigid with room in the rear for a 2.5. The welds aren't as sexy as a Ventana but who's are? I received mine within a week of winning the bid. The paint is nice and the bottom bracket threads were in good shape; the headtube was parallel as well as the rear dropout. For the money you can't go wrong. After winning the bid I sent an email letting them know what size i wanted and requested a tracking number but I didn't get a response but the right size showed up.... small company with growing pains I would guess.

Right now my digi cam is at canon getting repaired after crashing on it...i guess the cargo pocket in my zoic shorts isn't the best place to keep it! Anyway, pics to follow.

AN
    SORBA-Woodstock Diggin' dirt since 1999.

Solum Volamus

Here's mine...

Otto,

I agree with all that AN said about the frame. I actually ordered direct from Fetish over the phone in December and talked to Mike and the owner. Both were courteous and willing to talk about the frames. It seems like they're not as easy to contact nowadays though. I absolutely love my bike as built and am very happy with the purchase. You can't really go wrong for $70.

wedge

forgive the pic quality - just took a quick shot to show you how it turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    It looks sweet!

Here's my second question. What size should I get?

I currently have a 17" Stumpjumper hardtail.

Should I go with the 16" Discipline? The top tube seems short (21.5").
    Or should I go with an 18", but the standover height seems a bit high (30.5).

I am only 5'10" and my inseam is 30".

Once again, thanks for the information!

Solum Volamus

size?

Mine is an 18" frame. I am just shy of 6'0" with a 31" inseam (short for my height).

Standover at full shock extension (105mm) is 31" measured in the middle of the TT. With the 120mm stem it is 27" from seatpost to handlebar (c-c). My top tube also measures 21.5". Since the top tube length is the same for both sizes, you may be better off with the 16" for your height. Having a bike too tall just sucks.

Have fun....

Cynical Bystander
    Would the Discipline be a good urban/trail bike? I'm looking for a new hardtail, and since these are going for super cheap on ebay I might look into getting one. I'm a big guy, about 6' 200#, and would probably get the 16" frame, maybe the 18". Would the frame hold up to the abuse of 4' drops?
    Would this be a fairly good setup for it?
    -Psylo XC
    -FSA headset -F219 or RynoLite wheelset
    -hayes hmx 6" -DeoreXT or Sram x.7drivetrain
    -truvativ cranks/bb
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Tony
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

It's not what you think.

I think it would be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Would the Discipline be a good urban/trail bike? I'm looking for a new hardtail, and since these are going for super cheap on ebay I might look into getting one. I'm a big guy, about 6' 200#, and would probably get the 16" frame, maybe the 18". Would the frame hold up to the abuse of 4' drops?
    Would this be a fairly good setup for it?
    -Psylo XC
    -FSA headset -F219 or RynoLite wheelset
    -hayes hmx 6" -DeoreXT or Sram x.7drivetrain
    -truvativ cranks/bb
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Tony
    I'm 5'11" 197 and run full rigid. I beat the crap out of it and it has held up just fine. the tubes are trianglized (is that even a word?) and really stiff. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for urban. You'll want the 18" as it rides a little small... if that makes sense. Just keep in mind that it's promoted as a cc ht not fr/urban but again, for the $$.

AN

mtbr member

New question here.

Anyone know if this outfit is still afloat?

I have emailed and called Fetish, but I have gotten no response to my email and their voice mail was full. Been a week since the email and no response. Someone on the road bike site stated that they went belly up. So much for their frame warranty?

Perhpas the outfit selling on Ebay is liquidating their inventory. Emailed them also, but no response in one week.

Then again, if they went belly up why is their phone line still there and their web site operational?

Some Fetish dealer on the road bike forum stated he couldn't contact them either.

Anyone know anything?

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

I am a dealer and I am also having a hrad time contacting them..

I got an e-mail from someone who talked them last week around 9pm PST.

He got his frame 1 week after placing an order. So they are still in business, but maybe just way over their heads right now.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

It's not what you think.

Action Pic..

Here's a pic of me and my Fetish in action.
    Last edited by AlloyNipples; 02-25-2004 at 04:38 AM.

mtbr member

Here's mine.

Set up as a single.
    Unlike a couple of the other psters, my BB threads were not perfect - but it was nothing that a little chasing & facing couldn't fix.
    Fresh pics from last night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlloyNipples
    Here's a pic of me and my Fetish in action.

Where is your helmet?!?

A few of us that are thinking about heading your way to watch part of the Tour de Georgia. Do you have any plans to watch any of it?

It's not what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah
    Where is your helmet?!?

A few of us that are thinking about heading your way to watch part of the Tour de Georgia. Do you have any plans to watch any of it?
    Helmet, I don't need no stinkin' helmet! Just testing out my handywork.

Tour de what? No, doesn't that have to do with gay doods on road bikes? Not interested. j/k I hadn't planned on it...i'm more of a doer than watcher anyway. come on down and I'll be happy to show you fresh dirt and I won't even make you hike your bike more than you ride it.

mtbr member
    That wouldn't be some kind of reference to Dupont would it? I felt bad about Mark on his SS.

It's not what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah
    That wouldn't be some kind of reference to Dupont would it? I felt bad about Mark on his SS.
    Possibly He's a tough cookie though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=Ottoreni]Someone on the road bike site stated that they went belly up. [QUOTE]
    the "gone belly up" was speculation. i actually did end up getting my frame, and it is sexy. i never did hear from mike, after several emails and phone calls. their voicemailbox was full and i never got a response to the three voicemail messages i did leave.

my bb threads were a little rough due to a slight bit of paint, but the bb cups still went on fine. the top "cup" of the integrated headtube is about .5 mm short, so the top of the headset is raised just a bit.

that bike is my first build from the ground up. the pic doesnt do the paint or tubes justice. once i opened the box when it finally came, all the disappointment with lack of contact went away...

mtbr member
    I'm 6.3 high and I'm looking at a used 19" fetish ss, would it suit my needs for hard xc riding?
    Going to put on a Zocchi Z1 cr infront, I'm worried that 19" is too big, want a fun bike

To legit to quit

my fetish

i got my 16'' discipline on ebay. i have it as my xc bike and i love it. i'm currently working on making it as light as i can without making it uncomfortable. it's coming along great and it rides very nicely.