Living the Dream

Feedback sports truing station and thru axles

Does anyone know if the problem solvers 15/20mm thru axle hub adapters will work with the feedback sports truing station? Thanks.

Problem Solvers
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have a feedback truing stand and those problem solver thingies will not work. The feedback stand is a single qr dropout. You need to clamp the hub to the arm using your quick release, so unless they make a 15mm axle of some type that is machined down to a 9mm for a standard dropout, you're SOL.

Those adapters you linked to are for the traditional, two arm 'set your wheel on top' type of stands.

Living the Dream

Thanks.

I have to think that this guy will work though. Thoughts?

Park Tool TS-TA Through Axle Adapter.
    http://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-Trui.../dp/B005Z4LNN4

Park Tool Co. TS-TA : Thru Axle Adaptors : Wheel Truing Stands and Accessories
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Professional Crastinator
    If you're handy, I might do something like get a piece of ~3/8" threaded rod and 2 nuts and clamp that on the truing stand.

Then cut a solid core golf ball in half and drill axle holes in the halves.

Put one half of the ball on the threaded rod with the round side toward the "inside".
    Put your whatever-size hub on.
    Put the other half of the golfball on, round side against the hub (to the "inside").
    Then one more nut or a wing nut to lock it all down.

-]I[)HUB([-

Maybe a few washers somewhere...

I don't know if that park thingy has provisions to support itself on the one-armed stand.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Plays with tools
    These should work just fine. Thread the adaptors into whatever thru bolt hub your using and then bolt the assembly into the stand. You will have to offset the threaded shaft to the non stand side though.

Geiszler Truing Stand Adaptors | Abbey Bike Works

Plus they don't have O rings to wear out and create slop like the problem solvers version.

Living the Dream

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by customfab View Post
    These should work just fine. Thread the adaptors into whatever thru bolt hub your using and then bolt the assembly into the stand. You will have to offset the threaded shaft to the non stand side though.

Geiszler Truing Stand Adaptors | Abbey Bike Works

Plus they don't have O rings to wear out and create slop like the problem solvers version.
    I like supporting a made in the USA product.
    Last edited by Alpenglow; 12-10-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammar

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    OT, but-any more tools in the pipes, Customfab?

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    OT, but-any more tools in the pipes, Customfab?
    Yeah. Pedal wrench and bearing press are in testing. I'm going to start putting together a derailure alignment gauge in the next week or two. I've got a list of other things I'd like to do as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    If you need someone to test them in a shop...

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    If you need someone to test them in a shop...
    I've got no shortage of people to do that. Most of them are anal race mechanics. The tools have been built around the needs of people like that from the get go. I hear this all the time "this is such an awesome tool, if only it fit in my box". That's were my bearing press comes in. Prototype was 1.25# and condensed fairly flat. Way more portable than anything else on the market. The pedal wrench could be perfect if it all pans out in reality as it does in my head.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sounds good to me. The Park press is nice, heavy, and practically takes up it's own drawer in the rolling cabinet we have at work. Now that I read Abbey's webpage, now I understand the portability thing .

Back OT: work has a pair of truing stand caps what look like the problem solvers sans o-rings, but have QR holes in them, will try to find out more.

mtbr member
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club