mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Feedback Pro Elite Repair Stand vs Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand PCS10

Which is the best bike stand, and apart from servicing can you wash the bike on such stands?

thanks

mtbr member

I have a Feedback and love it!! Great quality and worth the price IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29ers Forever
    Park Tool has some great reviews and is recommended by many bike shops.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Park Tools makes some nice tools, but there are areas where they don't make the best stuff and someone else makes something significantly better. This is one of those areas. Although Park has upped their game in stands in the last few years, they were thoroughly outclassed by Feedback Sports/Ultimate Stands. When these came out, the Park stands sold to consumers were the ridiculous 2-leg versions. The Feedback is absolutely stable, able to hold heavy DH bikes with ease, and it folds up nicely for transport.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    When these came out, the Park stands sold to consumers were the ridiculous 2-leg versions.
    I have a PCS10, it is two-legged and it is very stable. Anyone who thinks it is unstable just because it has two legs has not actually looked at the geometry.

I'm not saying it's the better stand, I wouldn't know. Just that having two legs does not make it unstable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks guys, I think Feedback it is!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    I have a PCS10, it is two-legged and it is very stable. Anyone who thinks it is unstable just because it has two legs has not actually looked at the geometry.

I'm not saying it's the better stand, I wouldn't know. Just that having two legs does not make it unstable.
    Cool. The PCS10 has 3 legs, although one of the legs is very short obviously. I suggest you look up the older versions of the 2-legged park stand. Although it would "work" in most situations, the 3-legged solution is far better. You could rotate a heavy DH bike with the Ultimate stands due to the 3 legs and stability to do things like drain oil from a fork or other odd jobs. When Ultimate came out with their stands it caused Park to revise their whole line. That's why we have the PCS10 today
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Feedback Pro Elite hands down is the best stand for the money. You have to spend about 3x the cost of that to equal the performance with the Park offerings.

mtbr member
    I suggest you look up the older versions of the 2-legged park stand. Although it would "work" in most situations, the 3-legged solution is far better.
    Do you know the number or have a picture of that? To be honest, I can't understand how a stand with two legs could stay up at all!

The PCS10 is actually very stable. If you look at the design you'll see that it's actually more stable than the tripod-style three legged stands.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Feedback Pro Elite hands down is the best stand for the money. You have to spend about 3x the cost of that to equal the performance with the Park offerings.
    Was just cleaning my cross bike and doing some maintenance with this. Looks great, stores in corner, extremely stable and functions perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Do you know the number or have a picture of that? To be honest, I can't understand how a stand with two legs could stay up at all!

The PCS10 is actually very stable. If you look at the design you'll see that it's actually more stable than the tripod-style three legged stands.
    PCS-1 for starters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can you mount a thru axle type of front fork on a Feedback Pro type of stand?

mtbr member
    I don't have the Feedback Sports Pro Elite because I was able to find the Ultralight for $150 and a bag for $15 so I opted to go that direction. I also looked at the Park PCS-10 and the Performance Spin Doctor Stand as well as the typical Amazon/ebay cheap stands.

Here are my experiences. Have probably used the stand more than 50 times without any problems, including building a couple bikes from the frame up. I have clamped the bikes on the seat post, seat tube and top tube without any issues.

What I really like is the ability to clamp a bike to the stand at the lowest height and then raise it where I want it. I just put one foot on the back tripod leg, loosen the clamp, and lift it without any problems. Keep in mind that lifting 30 lbs of bike and attaching to a stand still involves supporting it with one arm.

The slide lock on the Ultralight is just like the Classic and it works well if you understand that you may need to unload the weight for it to slide easily. I think more people prefer the Pro Elite ratchet and button release.

I also like being able to set the tripod legs at the best position to support the bike balance. It the bike is really fork heavy and you clamp on the seatpost the bike weight is not balanced but you can set the tripod legs up to support the weight better.

The Pro Elite also weighs 12-1/2lbs and the Park Stand weighs 25lbs.

Since the Pro Elite is better than my Ultralight, and I didn't go with the Park PCS-10, which would have been a little cheaper, I'd choose the Pro Elite.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21

mtbr member
    PCS-1 for starters.
    Ah, see what you mean. I don't like the look of it but technically it has four effective contact points so more than a tripod stand. Not saying it's better. I've never seen the Feedback in the flesh but looking at the video etc it does look to me like a better stand that the PSC-9 or 10.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Oh it most certainly is. And I have nothing to gain by bragging on their stand, just want everyone to have as good a time working on their bikes as I do.

Never Forget 9-11
    +1 on the Feedback. Been a great stand for the money.
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Oh it most certainly is.
    It's half the weight of the PCS-10 for a start! Don't get me wrong, the sturdy build of the Park is nice but if portability are important it's no contest. I like the sliding clamp too. The clamp on the PCS-10 is quite nice compared to most but that sliding clamp is much better.

And they have put decent quick-releases on there. The Park uses poor quality generic quick-releases for the leg and upper tube brackets and they're just not good enough. To be honest, I think the best argument for the Park is that it's cheaper.