Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    duh
    what ever music nature is making at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

I kill hills.
    Jan 2013
    I only do music when I am commuting to work. I only pass over 3 roads to get to work so I don't need to worry about listening for cars or anything.. There is a bike path that is literally in my backyard and will take me right to work.

But as far as jams to ride to... Its usually Pearl Jam, AIC, Tool, Nirvana, STP... Ect. Pandora usually does the picking for me.

I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    I don't listen to any music when I ride. Even when I'm driving to the trails, I usually just turn off the radio.

The sound of nature puts me into the mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    The hell with music while on a
    ride, just enjoy the flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    No music, love the sounds of nature and my brakes buzzing like angry bees.
    Quote Originally Posted by StereoDave View Post
    Nothing beats the sound of a mountainbike goimg downhill!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    another with no music on the ride. i prefer the ipod in the subaru over a CD or FM radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    what ever music nature is making at the time.
    I really don't get why some people want to drown out the sounds of nature while riding.
    Do you hate the sound of the wind in the trees or the creek so much that you need to pump the sound of your favorite band into your head to wash out the sounds of nature?

Can someone tell me why. I am curious why. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    mr5150 different strokes for different folks i guess.

i only play music when riding by myself and this usually involves training, high intensity and laps, also stationary bike and road bike. I find music 1 gives me energy and helps me push harder longer 2 makes time fly by and 3 gives me something extra to look forward to on the ride. i love listening to music and its not something i get to do at work, having an hour on the bike to listen to a new mix or cd gives me motivation and keeps things interesting especially for training or repetitive rides.

also its not like you tune everything out when you ride with headphones, i can still hear whats going on around me on the trail

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    If i listen to anything while riding , it's Tool.

mtbr member
    There are no cool sounds where I ride. Three mile paved path that is in a neighborhood to the trails, and the fairly popular trails are in the desert. The only 'nature' is screaming children, barking dogs, passing cars, chatty hikers, or silence (once you get a mile straight back into the desert). The silence is something I stop to enjoy when I find it, but it is really only found in hidden corners or areas far in and too advanced for me. I drown out the sounds of the suburbs with music, and flee the suburban scene with a bike. Seems to make sense

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    There are no cool sounds where I ride. Three mile paved path that is in a neighborhood to the trails, and the fairly popular trails are in the desert. The only 'nature' is screaming children, barking dogs, passing cars, chatty hikers, or silence (once you get a mile straight back into the desert). The silence is something I stop to enjoy when I find it, but it is really only found in hidden corners or areas far in and too advanced for me. I drown out the sounds of the suburbs with music, and flee the suburban scene with a bike. Seems to make sense
    Kinda sad, but agreed upon in your case.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    I honestly believe there must be similar stories to mine for all mountain bikers who listen to music on the ride. I mean, we gotta love nature if we mountain bike, right? Otherwise, we would all be roadie scum or BMX kiddies!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I mean, we gotta love nature if we mountain bike, right? Otherwise, we would all be roadie scum or BMX kiddies!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2