Favorite lube

Printable View

• 01-14-2013
    dubthang
    Favorite lube
    Not trying to start a pissing match here, but what is everybody's favorite lube? I assume everybody has a personal favorite; perhaps an old standby that has never let them down.

Olive oil works great, but can stain. Usually I just use spit. Used to use Astroglide, but not anymore... and never use the warming kind. That ish will set your junk ablaze. :D
  • 01-14-2013
    ElwoodT
    tri-flow
  • 01-14-2013
    mtnking
    Lube for what? For example, for chain lubes it largely depends on your riding conditions. Do you ride in dry, dusty conditions or wet, muddy ones? It's like asking what type of tires you use. It's meaningless unless you know more information.
  • 01-14-2013
    RoadLessTraveled
    The natural kind.
  • 01-14-2013
    evasive
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 01-14-2013
    Hawg
    Ask Tone's :D
  • 01-14-2013
    zkid09
    Seems as if astroglide is the main preference around here!

Jk. I would like to know the answer as well. I have been debating on using some chain lube I use on my MX bike but its super tacky so I'm not thinkin it's a good idea
  • 01-14-2013
    evasive
    I've gone back and forth between thin lubes like White Lightning and thicker ones like Dumond Tech. I've settled on the latter, applied lightly and to each link junction, rather than just squirted on a moving chain, and then wiped as clean as I can get it. Works well for me.
  • 01-14-2013
    ElwoodT
    O.k. I want to change my answer. The best is milk induced flem (not the green stuff)
  • 01-14-2013
    bucksaw87
    Phil Wood Grease.

I use that sh!t on everything.
  • 01-14-2013
    dirtdan
    chain = t9
  • 01-14-2013
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Dog Spit.
  • 01-14-2013
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksaw87 View Post
    Phil Wood Grease.

I use that sh!t on everything.

That might cause blistering!
  • 01-14-2013
    Oldfatbaldguy
    grease for bearings: I use the stuff chainsaw dealers sell for bar tips and needle bearings. I think the formulation is very similar to the sticky bike lubes, but half the cost.

Oils: industrial chain lubes. Contains Molybdenum Sulfide. They're all the same.
    Shimano hub oil (grit your teeth and apply personal lube).
  • 01-14-2013
    markymark
    real men don't use lube
  • 01-14-2013
    AlienRFX
    Frog Lube.
    Or Slip2000 EWL 30 if I'm lazy and don't want to remove the chain.
  • 01-14-2013
    coxodoina
    It's meaningless unless you know more information.http://webcardid.com/apple/images/a14
  • 01-14-2013
    Empty_Beer
    I've been using a new lube called "Chain Brew" since Summer... it's been working great in dry and wet conditions. And it smells like root beer :thumbsup:

CHAIN BREW - TERRAIN CONTROL INDUSTRIES
  • 01-15-2013
    GelatiCruiser
    WD-40 for sure!!!!!!!

Wait a minute....
  • 01-15-2013
    dubthang
    There's a lot of chain talk in here. Are you all saying that you are in to s and m?
  • 01-15-2013
    Jwind
    Totally condition and application dependent. When I lived in the NE, I used finishline wet. It's works awesome and lasts for ever. I couldn't understand why people used the wax based lubes like white lightning. Then I moved to the desert. Wet lubes gunk up everything here so now its wax based lube.

For other applications, water based is the best.
  • 01-15-2013
    Tone's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Ask Tone's :D

Lube for what? for your bike, or for surprise butt sex?
  • 01-15-2013
    bucksaw87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Lube for what? for your bike, or for surprise butt sex?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...uevosplash.jpg
  • 01-15-2013
    John Kuhl
    What ever happened to good
    good old KY?
  • 01-15-2013
    TiGeo
    uhuhuhuhuhh...you said lube.

I ride in mainly dry conditions and use White Lightning..no complaints. Keeps chain v. clean, just doesn't last more than few rides is the only real downside. I have considered trying Dummonde.