Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Favorite Internet Mountain Biking Videos

42K views 209 replies 104 participants last post by  Deerhill 
#1 ·
I have been a little down lately. I find the current crop of mountain biking videos offers too much slow-mo upside down back flipping on big BMX bikes and too little, POV cam, sexy wire cam and all out fast runs down real trails. I have a hard time living vicariously through the endless back flip DJ vids but the ones that are close to mountain biking I can imagine, if I had the right gear and all, being able to do.

I mean Danny MacSkill is fantastic and all, skilled beyond doubt but there is no way I will ever be riding a cable. Ever.

Post up your favorite Youtube, Vimeo, etc. videos here for some stoke. Backflip vids are totally perfect additions but I also want to see some other videos of other things too. Homemade ones would be the best!

(Please when embedding videos make sure that they aren't set to autoplay).

My addition:

#14 · (Edited)
This has to be the best helmet cam video of the 2011 Megavalanche race that I've seen. Parts 1 & 2 are mostly the rocky mountain top section and then parts 3 & 4 are through woodland lower down. Watch it full screen for the best view.:)

It's the full 1hr+ descent of Alpe D'Huez and the helmet cam is mounted at around eye level for a natural perspective so that you can see exactly where he is looking.

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

That video is from the 2011 Megavalanche at Alpe D'Huez in the French Alps. It's part of a mass start downhill series called the Avalanche Cup.

In the Megavalanche there are 6 qualifying heats of 250 riders who all start at the same time and then have to choose their own route down the mountain. The 45 fastest riders from each qualifying heat go through to the final.:)

Megavalanche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- avalanche trophy

Megavalanche Qualifying run:
Part 1:
Part 2:

Here are some good videos of riding singletrack in the French Alps too:

Some skills videos for riding ideas:

Be a Better Rider 1 with Ed Oxley (Great Rock)

Be a Better Rider 2 with Dales Mountain Biking

Be a Better Rider 3 with Jedi (Ukbikeskillz)

Be a Better Rider 4 with Campbell coaching.

Fluidride like a Pro Video

#19 · (Edited)
Well this is either going to back fire or work out. Rockcrusher, I will apologize in advance if you dislike this or anyone else. I was bored and it's winter so, I chopped up something from lifecycles and threw it together. IDK, I like it, makes me want to ride and I think it fits here.
NSFW music.

Remix Life Cycles from Nobrunch on Vimeo.

#21 ·
Well this is either going to back fire or work out. Rockcrusher, I will apologize in advance if you dislike this or anyone else. I was bored and it's winter so, I chopped up something from lifecycles and threw it together. IDK, I like it, makes me want to ride and I think it fits here.

Remix Life Cycles from Nobrunch on Vimeo.
I like it. Although I would've preferred more metal, less dubstep, and less slo-mo scenes.

#20 ·
Everyone should rent "Ride The Divide" documentary. Banff Canada to the Mexico border. 2700 miles, 200,000 feet of climb, approx 1 month to complete, NO support. Great movie for MTB enthusiasts.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing

#31 ·
This was a PinkBike VOD a few weeks ago, and it quickly became my favorite MTB video. There's no gratuitous slow motion, endless back flips, etc. It's worth watching on Vimeo in HD.

I can't post a link since I don't have a high enough post count, but just look up "Evan Schwartz - Ride the Fall" on Vimeo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.